A Different Point of View?

Traveler

A long time ago I sat on a flight next to an infectious disease expert returning to the University of Utah medical facility from an international conference on infectious diseases.  We had a lot of time on our hands so I thought to ask questions that I do not see asked of this profession, to my knowledge.

My main questions dealt with evolution within complex Eco systems - especially between hosts and diseases.  In nature it is the weak and sickly that are thinned from the herd by predators and diseases.  This is necessary to maintain strong and healthy populations.  But I asked concerning medical procedures in human populations that will evolve weak genetics and populations.  There are possible and probable unfavorable results in using the best procedures to preserve the weak and sickly among our population even though we are morally obligated.  I brought up that by protecting the weak and sickly that strains of diseases should evolve resistant to our medical procedures and more capable of attacking not just the weak and sickly but the healthier and strong in the population.

I was told that this is a well understood principle that no one within the medical profession of infectious diseases dares to openly speak publicly about because or moralistic pressures.  But he also said that such is rarely the case or necessary.  Mostly because evolution, like so many other forces, follows the course of least resistance.  In other words, that despite all our best efforts; eventually nature will evolve the means to thin the most vulnerable from the herd.

There are currently some suggestions concerning the cronoavirus – that the malady is not effective at all in thinning the most healthy from the population.  Even among the younger of our population that would be heather; except that the virus targets those that smoke and vape, including marijuana.

So the question arises – does nature have a point of view that it is attempting to make known in the global public arena of experience?  Is G-d or nature suggesting to us to live a healthier and more disciplined lifestyles?

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

22 hours ago, Traveler said:

does nature have a point of view that it is attempting to make known in the global public arena of experience?  Is G-d or nature suggesting to us to live a healthier and more disciplined lifestyles?

The same point it has always been trying to make. Only the strong will thrive. Whether that is "nature" or God, that is the truth. Nothing God has us do makes us weak.

Is this a lesson imposed by God or is this an example of what God has been warning us of? Both? Don't think it matters.