...tap, Tap..."hello, Is This On?"

Steele

Hi everyone,

I'm the new guy on the block, just moved in down the street. Let's see here, I'm a born and raised LDS convert; served a mission in Uruguay ("!Opa, ché!"), graduated from BYU back in nineteen-ot-eleventeen-twelve; I'm well over 22 million minutes old (although my spirit is much, much older than that, of course); married since 1990, 4 children (3 living) with uno mas in the oven. I like to read, write, and occasionally I make time to do some 'rithmatic to stay well-balanced. I've never played a bagpipe before, but I do like to juggle and ride my unicycle around the yard when time permits.

I'm just happy to be here, and I'll sit back down now.

P.S.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."

~ Albert Einstein

Hi everyone,

I'm the new guy on the block, just moved in down the street. Let's see here, I'm a born and raised LDS convert; served a mission in Uruguay ("!Opa, ché!"), graduated from BYU back in nineteen-ot-eleventeen-twelve; I'm well over 22 million minutes old (although my spirit is much, much older than that, of course); married since 1990, 4 children (3 living) with uno mas in the oven. I like to read, write, and occasionally I make time to do some 'rithmatic to stay well-balanced. I've never played a bagpipe before, but I do like to juggle and ride my unicycle around the yard when time permits.

P.S.

~ Albert Einstein

Does anyone actually play bagpipes or are they merely along for the ride?

My Scottish/Irish pride runs fairly deep and broad, yet I can't say as I've ever seen a set properly tamed.

Hi everyone,

P.S.

~ Albert Einstein

You sound like a lot of fun!! Looking forward to getting to know ya!!! Welcome aboard!!!

Hi everyone,

P.S.

~ Albert Einstein

22 miliion? uno mas? WOW! yer a lucky guy! God bless you and yer family.! {forever}

:blink:

I have a chanter. Does that count?

Yeah, close enough! Bring it along -- that'll be fun. Is it like a recorder? I've played around with the recorder and I used to play the clarinet back in the day, so maybe all that will help me out. Hey, I know, we'll plug the chanter into my Peevey guitar amp and really wake someone up!

When is the bun in the oven due?

Still quite early, so baby bun is not due until next spring (April 7). :)

I have a question. How is one "a born and raised LDS convert"?

[...]

Were you born, converted two days later, and then considered a convert for the rest of your life?

Oh, that's an easy one. I was born and raised with the Gospel in our home -- parents both members. However, like you suggested, I had to go through my own conversion, only my conversion started around 14 years later while attending seminary, not just two days later. Besides, it's really difficult to teach a two day old about the fundamental principles and ordinances of the Gospel! :P

[...]

My brain is banging against the sides of my skull trying to figure that one out.

[...]

Marvel not that even people born and raised in the Church still have to be converted... :)