Who Is Avoiding The New 64 Bit Windows Vista?

Still_Small_Voice

Oh, that's okay. One of my hobbies is building computers from spare parts. I just don't have much money these days.

WOW!! I could use a friend like you!!! You don't have to build me one, just teach me the ropes! Start with....oh, I don't know...oh, wait...yes I do!! I need help learning how to sink my creative zen to my music files!!! HELP!!!!! I have a roll=away couch...want ta come stay for a year or two? I have an AWESOME library!! I love to read, at least...I did, before I bought this computer!!!! :rolleyes:

WOW!! I could use a friend like you!!! You don't have to build me one, just teach me the ropes! Start with....oh, I don't know...oh, wait...yes I do!! I need help learning how to sink my creative zen to my music files!!! HELP!!!!! I have a roll=away couch...want ta come stay for a year or two? I have an AWESOME library!! I love to read, at least...I did, before I bought this computer!!!! :rolleyes:

Remember how I told you my laptop imploded? Well, I got my new one today! And guess what? It has Vista! I sort of like it so far. I don't do much more than go online and do a lot of searches so I can pretend than I'm really smart. :rolleyes:

I love my Notebook! I was definitely in withdrawals! No 12-step program for me! Bah!

Elphie

Remember how I told you my laptop imploded? Well, I got my new one today! And guess what? It has Vista! I sort of like it so far. I don't do much more than go online and do a lot of searches so I can pretend than I'm really smart. :rolleyes:

I love my Notebook! I was definitely in withdrawals! No 12-step program for me! Bah!

Elphie

That is what I have , a Dell notebook. I like the convenience of not sitting at a table...I am curled up in bed as I type this!!

I had just upgraded to AMD Athlon 64 4000 2.4 gigahertz processor with 2,048 megabytes (2 gigabytes) of random access memory. After only running the new computer for about 45 days my Foxconn motherboard went bad. Shipped the bad motherboard back and they shipped me a new one that should be arriving within a couple of days..

I do my own upgrades too. That is usually the cheapest way to go and you can get better parts than even Dell offers. Of course it something goes wrong, Dell responds much faster than the email parts resellers. If you buy locally, that is even faster in getting replacements. My latest is an AMDX2 5600 with a Giga-Byte motherboard. I am very happy with it.

I might go from XP to Vista when their Service Pack #2 comes out in a few years. By then they will probably have it working right. I did the same thing with the move from Window SE and that was a wise decision on my part.

I do my own upgrades too. That is usually the cheapest way to go and you can get better parts than even Dell offers. Of course it something goes wrong, Dell responds much faster than the email parts resellers. If you buy locally, that is even faster in getting replacements. My latest is an AMDX2 5600 with a Giga-Byte motherboard. I am very happy with it.

I might go from XP to Vista when their Service Pack #2 comes out in a few years. By then they will probably have it working right. I did the same thing with the move from Window SE and that was a wise decision on my part.

AMD Athlon 5600 Dual Core is a good processor.

Bought my upgraded computer off E-bay. It was a barebones computer that lacked a hard drive, random access memory and CD-ROM drive. I just wish I would have upgraded to a motherboard that uses Double Data Rate 2 (DDR2) random access memory instead of Double Data Rate (DDR) since the new memory has speeds that are twice as fast.

The thing that ticks me off is Double Data Rate memory is the same price as Double Data Rate 2.

Elphie

Yay!!!

So you are all back now? YES!!!! :lol:

Personally I prefer my Windows XP :D

My aunt, who is soooo computer illiterate has vista & says that she likes it.. Says she likes that it does everything for you.. hehe.. I wouldn't know ;)

Yay!!!

So you are all back now? YES!!!! :lol:

Personally I prefer my Windows XP :D

My aunt, who is soooo computer illiterate has vista & says that she likes it.. Says she likes that it does everything for you.. hehe.. I wouldn't know ;)

I really can't compare because vista is my first system...

I had the opportunity to try Windows Vista and was extremely disappointed. There's plenty of new features but it's tremendously memory dependant. I run several web servers and deployment was nearly impossible. Compatibility functions are still lacking so if you have software that is perhaps four-five years old it's likely you'll experience some problems. It's marvelous to look at and I can't resist comparing it to the Apple operating system which I very familar.