Hello Everyone

shanstress70

I'm just visiting, but thought I'd register so I could say hello. Iggy invited me to come over, and since I miss all you guys, I thought I'd finally take her up on it. I don't really have time for another forum, but I'll check in once in a while.

Disclaimer: I'm ex-LDS... not ANTI-LDS, mind you. But some of my best friends are Mormons. ;) Seriously though, I respect everyones' beliefs as I think we all matter. Hopefully you original LDSForums people don't mind all these new faces all of a sudden.

I'm just visiting, but thought I'd register so I could say hello. Iggy invited me to come over, and since I miss all you guys, I thought I'd finally take her up on it. I don't really have time for another forum, but I'll check in once in a while.

Disclaimer: I'm ex-LDS... not ANTI-LDS, mind you. But some of my best friends are Mormons. ;) Seriously though, I respect everyones' beliefs as I think we all matter. Hopefully you original LDSForums people don't mind all these new faces all of a sudden.

Hi Shanstress!!!

Great to see you here :D

Chicken lady!!! Howdy!!! I understand that you don't have time for two forums...that is why you see so little of me over on "that other forum" I still go over there...but this is my new home!How do you like how I arranged the furniture? Kind of cozy, don'tcha think?

Hey - HI Shan, I am so glad you made it here. Like Yed said, the furniture is arranged a bit differently - cozier, and more conducive to friendly conversation. I have made some brownies and Bittersweet Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Cream - the water is on & hot for your coffee, hot chocolate, and teas, plus there is plenty of fresh milk, coca-cola, 7up, and all manner of soft drinks in the fridge.

Come on in, take off your shoes and get comfy! Hope you can stay for a while.

Iggy

Hey - HI Shan, I am so glad you made it here. Like Yed said, the furniture is arranged a bit differently - cozier, and more conducive to friendly conversation. I have made some brownies and Bittersweet Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Cream - the water is on & hot for your coffee, hot chocolate, and teas, plus there is plenty of fresh milk, coca-cola, 7up, and all manner of soft drinks in the fridge.

Come on in, take off your shoes and get comfy! Hope you can stay for a while.

Iggy

Thanks for the welcome, guys. You actually allow coffee here? ;)

Hey!! Shanstress!!! Hiya!!

It's great to see you dropping in here too...I'm a little like yourself, find it difficult to really converse on more than 1 site, but I'm gonna try my best.

Sorry about all the exclamation marks, btw! Not really, lol...you know me and my exclamation marks!! Teehee, to think I once had a 'posting fight' with PC over them!! :)

Thanks for the welcome, guys. You actually allow coffee here? ;)

Inmy home, I have hot water at the ready and instant (in tea bags yet) coffee for those of my friends who like coffee. I don't have any soda- because I would drink it and then I would cramp up all over. Ever have you stomach and mammary glands cramp on you? Oh Oh Oh does that HURT! :(

My guests are always welcome to bring their SOFT drinks. I am extremely firm on the alcoholic beverages though. None in my home. EVER. If you show up at my doorstep drunk, I will let you in, feed you and put you to bed on the futon to sleep it off. Then I will go out to your car and if there is booze in the car I will dump it! Don't care if it is a full 6-pack, 1/2 rack or full rack or a pint, fifth or gallon or more of the hard stuff - it will get dumped! I have lost a few friends to their own drunk driving. I would rather you get royally pissed at me for dumping your liquids then to have to go to your funerals.

As for here at the forum, I really can't see anyone who will not allow you to have your coffee or tea. Yed might end up in your lap as you drink it though - she is having quite the time with her addiction to it. Perhaps if she took a cup of it and put it in a saucepan and scorched it good and proper - maybe that smell would cure her. My co-workers are forever leaving the coffee maker on and the coffee burns up. Eeee Gads that is one horrible smell. As Morning Star says - makes me want to 'puke'.

Inmy home, I have hot water at the ready and instant (in tea bags yet) coffee for those of my friends who like coffee. I don't have any soda- because I would drink it and then I would cramp up all over. Ever have you stomach and mammary glands cramp on you? Oh Oh Oh does that HURT! :(

My guests are always welcome to bring their SOFT drinks. I am extremely firm on the alcoholic beverages though. None in my home. EVER. If you show up at my doorstep drunk, I will let you in, feed you and put you to bed on the futon to sleep it off. Then I will go out to your car and if there is booze in the car I will dump it! Don't care if it is a full 6-pack, 1/2 rack or full rack or a pint, fifth or gallon or more of the hard stuff - it will get dumped! I have lost a few friends to their own drunk driving. I would rather you get royally pissed at me for dumping your liquids then to have to go to your funerals.

As for here at the forum, I really can't see anyone who will not allow you to have your coffee or tea. Yed might end up in your lap as you drink it though - she is having quite the time with her addiction to it. Perhaps if she took a cup of it and put it in a saucepan and scorched it good and proper - maybe that smell would cure her. My co-workers are forever leaving the coffee maker on and the coffee burns up. Eeee Gads that is one horrible smell. As Morning Star says - makes me want to 'puke'.

You sound like a great friend, Iggy!

You sound like a great friend, Iggy!

Thanks Shan -

By The Way - I really am glad to see you here. When I am here I sort of picture myself sitting on a Sun Porch, with lots of comfy chairs and setees. That way when folks walk by, they can stop and sit for a spell and chew the fat with me. No matter how many stop and stay, the porch is always big enough and there are always enough comfy places to sit.