Womens Conference

PinkPanther

I just got back from Womens' Conference. I was lucky enough to be able to go to the conference center and see the speakers live. It was amazing. The talks were amazing and very focused on being united as women. Also what our role is, the responsibility we have as women, and what we are ordained for on this earth.

President Monson was the concluding speaker and was funny and uplifting as usual. The thing that stuck out to me was a quote he said about service. "We should not pray for tasks within our abilities, but for abilities to accomplish tasks." It may not be word for word, but it's something like that.

It was amazing when we sang along with the choir. The sound was beautiful.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience.

Anyone else feel free to as well, whether you were there or watching by broadcast.

PinkPanther

I, too, truly enjoyed the conference... I got into my jammies, snuggled down in my big chair and just felt of the spirit... one thing that struck me was the lovely women in the choir. They had a "glow" as they sang that eminated from their expressions.

It must have been wonderful to be in the conference center with so many LDS women... powerful...

from the beach, on a rainy evening... it will probably rain through the night...

The Garden Girl

I went to the Stake Center to watch the conference. The spirit was very strong and peaceful. I think my favorite quote was from President Monson when he said, "There are visits to be made, thoughts to be shared, hungry souls to be fed".

I've been impressed of late to regather the sisters in our ward and get them all active again. We have about half of our sisters who never or hardly ever attend any church functions and I feel very strongly that this should change.

I'll be using the above quote at our VT conference this week.

That sounds cozy GG!! I probably would have done the same, but I couldn't pass up a chance to go to the Conference Center. To feel of the wonderful Spirit there. To just be in the presence of the Prophet and his counselors, and all the wonderful women that attended was amazing. It's a feeling I won't soon forget. I now feel fortified to go and do. To be a woman is to be an instrument in the hands of God. We have a great responsibility, and I feel prepared now more than ever to accomplish what I'm here to do.

I truly feel the Spirit of Sisterhood now.

PinkPanther

That sounds cozy GG!! I probably would have done the same, but I couldn't pass up a chance to go to the Conference Center. To feel of the wonderful Spirit there. To just be in the presence of the Prophet and his counselors, and all the wonderful women that attended was amazing. It's a feeling I won't soon forget. I now feel fortified to go and do. To be a woman is to be an instrument in the hands of God. We have a great responsibility, and I feel prepared now more than ever to accomplish what I'm here to do.

I truly feel the Spirit of Sisterhood now.

PinkPanther

Hey PP, I know how you feel. Even though I was more than a thousand miles from the Conference Center, I left feeling pretty pumped up too.

I wish I could have been at the Conference center, PP, because I agree... there's nothing like it. But here, I just couldn't bring myself to drive the 60 miles to the Stake Center... through the "corridor" in the rain, etc. So I missed the feeling of "sisterhood" I'm sure they felt...

Just a few day until Gen Conf... I'm getting excited about that too...

Garden Girl

I wish I could have been at the Conference center, PP, because I agree... there's nothing like it. But here, I just couldn't bring myself to drive the 60 miles to the Stake Center... through the "corridor" in the rain, etc. So I missed the feeling of "sisterhood" I'm sure they felt...

Just a few day until Gen Conf... I'm getting excited about that too...

Garden Girl

Hi GG! :D Maybe next year I could come down and join you? We could make it kind of a slumber party and I'll make you some goodies. That would be a lot of fun.

Hi!!!

This was my first Relief Society conference and I feel so blessed!!! I've always enjoyed President Benson's messages, so it was so wonderful to hear him talking to us, women... ;)

I think you mean President Monson. ;) .. And yes it was really awesome. He seems to have a way with addressing groups of people.

I just got back from Womens' Conference. I was lucky enough to be able to go to the conference center and see the speakers live. It was amazing. The talks were amazing and very focused on being united as women. Also what our role is, the responsibility we have as women, and what we are ordained for on this earth.

President Monson was the concluding speaker and was funny and uplifting as usual. The thing that stuck out to me was a quote he said about service. "We should not pray for tasks within our abilities, but for abilities to accomplish tasks." It may not be word for word, but it's something like that.

It was amazing when we sang along with the choir. The sound was beautiful.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience.

Anyone else feel free to as well, whether you were there or watching by broadcast.

PinkPanther

Very good spirit from start to finish! I just wish it would never end, but it does. :(

Guest karlita007

This was my first conference, and I must say I am thoroughly impressed. I hear from others that it can be "boring" or just "for old people," but I found the complete opposite to be true! It was very engaging, interesting, and relevant to women of all ages.

I loved the talks by each of our new leaders and by President Monson (who my friends and I jokingly call the master of flashbacks), but probably my favorite was by Sister Barbara Thompson. She seemed both intelligent and witty, and I love that she was able to give such a great talk on families and the power of women. As a social worker, I think she has seen many situations that have given her a wealth of knowledge that I'm sure will shine through in her leadership.

I wanted to go watch conference with my missionary's mum, but my parents discovered my plans and the proverbial poop hit the fan... It's hard to live here and believe the way I do. But at least I could download everything from the Church website! Yay technology! And I'm going to get the Conference edition of Ensign too.

Ditto about the womens' choirs. They rocked the house, haha.