Same Jesus

Pegtagatha

Many other churches teach that we believe in a different Jesus than they do because they don't like the truths we believe in. I agree with them to a point that we believe in a different Christ because of the following truths:

1) Jesus has a perfect, resurrected, glorified body of flesh and bones

2) Jesus is the Son of God and is a separate being from His Father

3) Jesus visited other people in the world other than just those in Jerusalem after His resurrection

Most other Christian churches don't believe those three truths above.

Many other churches teach that we believe in a different Jesus than they do because they don't like the truths we believe in. I agree with them to a point that we believe in a different Christ because of the following truths:

1) Jesus has a perfect, resurrected, glorified body of flesh and bones

2) Jesus is the Son of God and is a separate being from His Father

3) Jesus visited other people in the world other than just those in Jerusalem after His resurrection

Most other Christian churches don't believe those three truths above.

The first two they believe, but not the 3rd.

I know many Christian churches believe that God is only a spirit.

"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." John 4:24

Many Christian churches also believe in the trinity doctrine. The trinity doctrine teaches that God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are one personage.

I know many Christian churches believe that God is only a spirit.

"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." John 4:24

Many Christian churches also believe in the trinity doctrine. The trinity doctrine teaches that God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are one personage.

The elders told me that they believe that God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are one personage.

The elders told me that they believe that God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are one personage.

Which church were these elders from because they certainly shouldn't be saying things like that if they are LDS. We know that God, Jesus and the HG are three seperate people with bodies (spiritual and physical) of their own.

We know that the Godhead is one in purpose, but they are separate beings. The purpose of the Godhead is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

Scriptures that read the following are teaching that the Godhead is not one in being, but one in purpose.

"And he hath brought to pass the redemption of the world, whereby he that is found guiltless before him at the judgment day hath it given unto him to dwell in the presence of God in his kingdom, to sing ceaseless praises with the choirs above, unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, which are one God, in a state of happiness which hath no end."

-- Mormon 7:7

"The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us." -- Doctrine & Covenants 130:22

LDS St. Petersburg, FL Branch

It might just be a misunderstanding of how they presented it.

The true doctrine of the Godhead was lost in the apostasy that followed the Savior's mortal ministry and the deaths of His Apostles. This doctrine began to be restored when 14-year-old Joseph Smith received his First Vision (see Joseph Smith—History 1:17). From the Prophet's account of the First Vision and from his other teachings, we know that the members of the Godhead are three separate beings. The Father and the Son have tangible bodies of flesh and bones, and the Holy Ghost is a personage of spirit (see D&C 130:22).

Although the members of the Godhead are distinct beings with distinct roles, they are one in purpose and doctrine. They are perfectly united in bringing to pass Heavenly Father's divine plan of salvation.

True to the Faith (2004), 73–74

We know that the Godhead is one in purpose, but they are separate beings. The purpose of the Godhead is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

Scriptures that read the following are teaching that the Godhead is not one in being, but one in purpose.

"And he hath brought to pass the redemption of the world, whereby he that is found guiltless before him at the judgment day hath it given unto him to dwell in the presence of God in his kingdom, to sing ceaseless praises with the choirs above, unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, which are one God, in a state of happiness which hath no end."

-- Mormon 7:7

"The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us." -- Doctrine & Covenants 130:22

Thankyou!

Then by all means you should express your feelings to the bishop... and, if the missionaries did tell you the Father, Son and Holy Ghost were one in such a way that you understood it to be one person then you need to bring that up also... they are not teaching clearly if that is the case... and people are getting wrong information as a result...

Peg... did you see Elder Holland's talk during conference this morning on our doctrine of the Godhead vs the Trinity? When the Ensign comes out next month with the printed talks, I think it would be good if you made a copy of his talk for reference...

Garden Girl

Is the Jesus in the bible the same Jesus in the book of Mormon? If why would the Jesus that the other churches preach in the bible be Evil?

Peg, I don't know if you got a chance to listen to the Saturday afternoon session of General Confrence or not, but Elder Holland did a wonderful job of explaining this very subject. It should be available on line next week on the LDS.ORG web site and will be in the November Ensign.

Then by all means you should express your feelings to the bishop... and, if the missionaries did tell you the Father, Son and Holy Ghost were one in such a way that you understood it to be one person then you need to bring that up also... they are not teaching clearly if that is the case... and people are getting wrong information as a result...

Peg... did you see Elder Holland's talk during conference this morning on our doctrine of the Godhead vs the Trinity? When the Ensign comes out next month with the printed talks, I think it would be good if you made a copy of his talk for reference...

Garden Girl

Yes, I enjoyed it, this is great for wittnessing to evangecals. Can I buy a copy of it? If so where?

Yes, I enjoyed it, this is great for wittnessing to evangecals. Can I buy a copy of it? If so where?

Keep an eye out on the internet: Here at Gospel Library at lds.org then click on 2007. When the Nov issue is available you can click on it and look for the article you want, then you click on it and you can print it off it you want to.

Which church were these elders from because they certainly shouldn't be saying things like that if they are LDS. We know that God, Jesus and the HG are three seperate people with bodies (spiritual and physical) of their own.

I think Peg might be saying that the Elders told her that "they" (meaning other churches, not the Elders themselves) believe in the Trinity...

Just A Guess

Silver Girl