Revelation

Pegtagatha

Yes, we definitely believe in Revelation. Which of "man's laws" do you think we're following? I'm confused.

Well, I dare to go into details being how picky the Mods are. Right now we have a problem with Abortion and Homosexual Right's. But by May the 28th 2008 we will have manditory to take the International ID RIFD microchip, this may be the mark of the beast.

Well, I dare to go into details being how picky the Mods are. Right now we have a problem with Abortion and Homosexual Right's. But by May the 28th 2008 we will have manditory to take the International ID RIFD microchip, this may be the mark of the beast.

Where did you get this information? Is there a website reference? I have heard nothing about this.

Funny, if true, that would be all over the news (and its not)

Dose the LDS believe in the book of Revelation? Do they believe in the mark of the beast? The LDS tells us to follow mans law. What if Mans law goes against what the Holy Scriptures tells us to do? Which law should we follow?

The articles of faith 12 and 13

12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

13 We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

We believe in being subject to laws in obeying and honoring them as long as those laws don't require us to compromise article 13. also I believe there are currently many 'laws' in the US that go against your constitution: a few items from the patriot act

What laws are we told (as a church) to follow that are mans laws? please elaborate.

Gods laws always have precedence over all else, but it becomes another issue completely when state and religion mix.

I'm talking about mans law not what the Holy Scriptures say. You do know that Homosexual Right's and Abortion is overrated in the US?

what exactly are you claiming? Homosexuality and abortion are sins. Do we uphold or sustain these practices? no. Are they allowed to happen? unfortunately yes. Such is the state of society. LDS do not support gay marriage and stand against the laws created to change Gods Laws of what marriage is. but everyone has the right to choose their path. You can be ex'd if you act on your thoughts of homosexuality as you cannot be a member of the church if you actually commit these most serious of sins. The thing to remember though is you can be having these trials and temptations and not act on them (and so commiting no sin and doing no wrong) and be a member, but giving in to the temptation and committing the sin will result in 'disciplinary action'.

Abortion is not allowed except when the mothers life is in danger and there is no other option, or the child is a result of sexual attack on the mother. I believe these are the only two options where it is allowed to be considered.

Just trying to clarify what point you are trying to make. :)

It's already here

just a few to get you started.

This is what I was commenting on "But by May the 28th 2008 we will have manditory to take the International ID RIFD microchip"

And just a quick thought, since this was developed to provide identification for lost dogs and cats, it truly could be called "the mark of the beast" :P

This is what I was commenting on "But by May the 28th 2008 we will have manditory to take the International ID RIFD microchip"

And just a quick thought, since this was developed to provide identification for lost dogs and cats, it truly could be called "the mark of the beast" :P

Man, I'm from the other side of the world and i know more about it than you :) Your mandatory national ID cards to be issued at the above date will contain a RFID chip that will store information about you. Since it emits a Radio frequency it will be able to track you. guess who the main people pushing this are besides your govt. Big business for the purpose of trading and purchase information. hence the 'buying and selling' aspect of the mark of the beast as described in revelations. what did you expect it to be? a satanic symbol burnt into the foreheads of people?

But how convenient would it be to not have to carry around you ID card and just have the chip implanted.

pays to spend some time studying what the chip was really developed for

heh I just got the joke too... mark of the beast.... get out of here you :)

Bottom Line:

LDS are required to obey the law of the land, unless and until such contradict the laws of God. Should temporal law conflict with the divine, LDS are obligated to attempt to change those laws through legal means.

The RFID tag has a range of approximately three feet under optimal conditions. You cannot be tracked by satellite or GPS just because you are wearing or carrying an RFID, and there are no measures in place to make such tags mandatory. In those few locales where it has been proposed, such measures have been roundly and soundly defeated on Constitutional grounds.

This forum is intended for the discussion of Mormon beliefs and theology- not tinfoil hat conspiracies (no matter how tangentially tied in to Mormonism).

For the record, all helicopters look black in flight when viewed from sun up, or more than a mile away.

Given the fact that they can't take over one hurricane-ravaged city in Louisiana, FEMA seems particularly ill-suited to take over the entire country, let alone the world.

Satan's minions at least have the virtue of being competent.

Last warning- No more fringe conspiracy stuff. Threads will be deleted and posters restricted.

Please do not hotlink to fringe political sites- they are generally irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Thread closed.