1 Nephi 10:18-19

CourtneyP

I borrowed a copy of the Book of Mormon from a friend until I can actually get to the ward and ask the bishop for one of my own. And I was reading between calls at work. (My job is cool and I can get away with reading at work and not get in trouble.) I just started at the beginning yesterday and will keep on going. Well I happened to come across two verses yesterday that kind of hit me like a ton of bricks.

18 For he is the same yesterday, to-day, and forever; and the way is prepared for all men from the foundation of the world, if it so be that they repent and come unto him.

19 For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round.

As I read those, something kind of came over me. I am not sure how to explain it other than to use the "burning in the bosom" explanation. I've been seeking for as long as I can remember. It's nice to finally have confirmation that my labor was not in vain. :)

Those are good verses in the Book of Mormon. Here is one of my favorites in the Book of Mormon:

"And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." Moroni 7:41

I borrowed a copy of the Book of Mormon from a friend until I can actually get to the ward and ask the bishop for one of my own. And I was reading between calls at work. (My job is cool and I can get away with reading at work and not get in trouble.) I just started at the beginning yesterday and will keep on going. Well I happened to come across two verses yesterday that kind of hit me like a ton of bricks.

18 For he is the same yesterday, to-day, and forever; and the way is prepared for all men from the foundation of the world, if it so be that they repent and come unto him.

19 For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round.

As I read those, something kind of came over me. I am not sure how to explain it other than to use the "burning in the bosom" explanation. I've been seeking for as long as I can remember. It's nice to finally have confirmation that my labor was not in vain. :)

This is one of the great differences between the restored gospel and the traditional mainstream gospel that has been handed down through the apostasy. We affirm, and do know, that God is the same today, yesterday, and forever. We know and do affirm that He speaks with man.

It is easy to pretend that you believe in a god who spoke to people 2000 years ago or more. However, it takes real faith and belief to think that He still speaks and He interacts with man now just like he did then. God be praised for the restoration!

• 2 months later...

It is easy to pretend that you believe in a god who spoke to people 2000 years ago or more. However, it takes real faith and belief to think that He still speaks and He interacts with man now just like he did then.

The hard part is discerning who is telling the truth when they claim that God is speaking to them.

2 Cor. 11:[3] But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. [4] For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

The hard part is discerning who is telling the truth when they claim that God is speaking to them.

Exactly! Have you read the book of mormon! Have you felt the spirit that comes from it! Have you seen how it can bring you closer to Christ! Have you seen how it teachings the Gospel of Christ!

CourtneyP,

It only get better!

Drew,

"This is one of the great differences between the restored gospel and the traditional mainstream gospel that has been handed down through the apostasy. We affirm, and do know, that God is the same today, yesterday, and forever. We know and do affirm that He speaks with man.

It is easy to pretend that you believe in a god who spoke to people 2000 years ago or more."

really? you think christians are just pretending? you don't think that christians believe God still speaks to them? maybe they don't have prophets, but why would they need them? God speaks to the heart of each individual believer.

God speaks to the heart of each individual believer.

Yes, that is what is meant by 'he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost'.

The LDS teaching doesn't deny that non-LDS persons take part in the blessing of answers to prayer. In fact, the LDS teaching is the exact opposite. All men everywhere have the God-given privilege of prayer and the sweet answers thereto.

It is understood that there exists many non-LDS people both Christian and otherwise who believe this, but there are also many, even Christians, who do not believe it. Many also claim its truth, but have yet to avail themselves of it. Now this is no accusation. I do not intend to tell us who falls into which category, but as a person asks the LORD if He indeed hears them, their heart is warmed, their spirit is lifted, their mind is enlightened, and their joy is great as He answers: 'Yes, I hear you my child, and I always have.' by the power of the Holy Ghost.

Let us rejoice as all people everywhere, no matter what group of religionists they are or aren't affiliated with come to this revelation.

-a-train