And another thing...

Jamie123

...what's all this drivel about "The public has a right to know what Prince Harry put on his visa form about drugs, and why didn't the immigration authorities do their job properly and keep him out of the country... blah, blah, blah?"

I have not read Harry's book, and I have no intention of reading it (unless perhaps I'm stuck in a waiting room for hours and it's the only readable thing on the coffee table) - but let's not pretend that Harry's drug usage was any kind secret before he blabbed about it in his memoirs. His father took him to a drug rehabilitation centre to show him what would happen to him if he didn't stop his snorting. It was even on the news!

Yes I'm sure he DID mention it. For goodness sake, it's not like like he had any way of plausibly denying it! So why was he let into the USA? Well...it's a little thing called "giving someone a second chance". Not that most tabloid muck-rakers have ever read the Psalm that says "Remember not the sins of my youth". And it's none of our business anyway.

Edited by Jamie123

I think it's appropriate to invoke this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI-BhQGwDO8

@2:15 he talks about hitting rock bottom.

@5:50 he talks about the "myth" rehab vs. the "real" rehab.  I wonder if Harry ever went to either.

To me that is a perfect description of the difference between the "once saved=always saved" vs "Enter in by the gate, and stay on the straight and narrow."