Should I Leave My Beliefs?

graham

HI. I have seen a couple of elders recently, and I am reading the "another testment.....". However, I have seen and felt my life change to the good over the last 12 years since i took up meaningful worship. I feel so happy and so very, very grateful to god almighty through jesus, but i have "connected" with a few issues just reading the introduction, but now feel torn between the anglican teaching that i so enriched my life and the morman, restoration faith.

To pull away from my present doctrine, makes me feel so ungrateful, to the church, its people and minister. Something that i have not felt for a long time. Please help

Hi the first thing I will think about is not to do anything lightly, there is room in my heart to let in both beliefs, for consideration, - BUT,only while i decide.

Being nearer to god, than i am now, will be even more wonderful than what ive experienced already.

Though, what i am fearful of, is confusion!!!, I must evaluate the very serious connections,i n order to make an informed decision.

The first instance is to talk this over and gather more information, with the elders, at the next visit.

Graham, Blackburn, England UK

HI. I have seen a couple of elders recently, and I am reading the "another testment.....". However, I have seen and felt my life change to the good over the last 12 years since i took up meaningful worship. I feel so happy and so very, very grateful to god almighty through jesus, but i have "connected" with a few issues just reading the introduction, but now feel torn between the anglican teaching that i so enriched my life and the morman, restoration faith.

To pull away from my present doctrine, makes me feel so ungrateful, to the church, its people and minister. Something that i have not felt for a long time. Please help

We all learn by stages, or degrees. Are you grateful to the Anglican members, the Anglican Church, or to God? ...all three, I'm guessing. And that's a very good place to be. Gratitude is an essential feeling for the seeker. I am convinced that no one can see God without gratitude and faith in their hearts.

In my view, you should not leave your current faith unless you find the teachings of the LDS (Mormon) Church compelling and 'TRUE'. If you find truths that you believe in the Mormon Church that are not found in the Anglican, then you must pray and search your heart, seeking guidance from God as to the proper choice for you in your spiritual path.

Trust in God, seek for His guidance, follow His promptings. And good luck.

HiJolly

Guest prnldsfrms

Our current prophet speaks about inviting people to bring all that is good with them when they join the church and accept the ordinances by those with priesthood authority. If I were in your place, I would remain very grateful to the faith and people who had taught me about God so that I could be open to accepting the Gospel in its fullness when I learned there was such a thing. Your experiences in your present church have prepared you, and of course you should honor it for doing so.

I agree... in the words of one of my favorite apostles, now deceased, Neil A. Maxwell: Bring all that you have that is good, and let us see if we can add to it."

Scripture tells us we learn line upon line, precept upon precept (Isaiah 28:9-10). There is no reason to deny the things you have learned, but bring them and see if they can't be completed and clarified within the teachings we offer... pray and seek the Spirit as you study...

all good wishes... The Garden Girl

To pull away from my present doctrine, makes me feel so ungrateful, to the church, its people and minister.

If it were me, I'd go with what brings you nearer to God. One would think any church or minister would want that for all their members, even if the direction leads them in another direction.

You can always remain grateful for those who helped you along the way...

LM

If it were me, I'd go with what brings you nearer to God. One would think any church or minister would want that for all their members, even if the direction leads them in another direction.

You can always remain grateful for those who helped you along the way...

LM

Hi the first thing I will think about is not to do anything lightly, there is room in my heart to let in both beliefs, for consideration, - BUT,only while i decide.

Being nearer to god, than i am now, will be even more wonderful than what ive experienced already.

Though, what i am fearful of, is confusion!!!, I must evaluate the very serious connections,i n order to make an informed decision.

The first instance is to talk this over and gather more information, with the elders, at the next visit.

That would be hard, almost as if you're leaving a family. If you decided to become LDS though, you can always be grateful for them and their part in leading you closer to God. We are all God's children and everywhere we go there are wonderful people. Heavenly Father will help you know what to do as you continue to turn to Him in prayer. :)

Welcome to the board! :D

I dont think you should leave any of your beliefs that are good or true. And The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints does not ask you to do so. One of the grand fundamental principles of Mormonism is to embrace truth from whatever the source, because the truth can and will lead us closer to God. By understanding and living the truth we can come closer to God.

All Churches, religions, and sects embrace some of the truth. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can add to that with additional revelation, the covenants and ordinances needed for salvation and many other teachings. More importantly we can show people how to receive personal revelation for themselves and learn from God.

Pray to God for wisdom and revelation. Be humble and sincere and He will not let you stay in confusion. If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given unto him. But ask in faith, nothing waivering.

Regardless what happens, believe in God. Believe that He can reveal the truth to you and demonstrate that you are willing to live the principles He reveals to you.