Quick Devil Question

sjdean

Again apologies if this is in the wrong area...

At the risk of making myself sound like a fool, does/did anyone experience odd sensations as they're trying to get off to sleep? I can differentiate between between being comatose and being awake, and I can swear I am quite firmly awake.

There are times when things will happen, like, I hear voices, or with my eyes closed, I witness images. Last night, I could sense the hands, flying all over me. Suddenly, this twisted distored face flew at me. Once I heard someone whisper "I can see you" followed by an immense whoosh and crash in my right ear.

Whenever I get those sensations, I pray and pray, and it all goes away.

Am I an idiot?

Guest AutumnBreez

At the risk of making myself sound like a fool, does/did anyone experience odd sensations as they're trying to get off to sleep? I can differentiate between between being comatose and being awake, and I can swear I am quite firmly awake.

There are times when things will happen, like, I hear voices, or with my eyes closed, I witness images. Last night, I could sense the hands, flying all over me. Suddenly, this twisted distored face flew at me. Once I heard someone whisper "I can see you" followed by an immense whoosh and crash in my right ear.

Am I an idiot?

You said: Whenever I get those sensations, I pray and pray, and it all goes away.

My question: What are you asking when you pray? Just for it to go away?

Have you ever asked Heavenly Father to help you understand what and why your experiencing this?

It might also be that you have high blood pressure- the whooshing in your ears and hearing things is a symptom of HB Pressure. Go to your Dr and a simple blood test will tell you. If you do, then medication is in order and once you are established taking the meds, the whoosing and things will decrease. When I forget to take my HB pressure meds, I get a lot of ringing, whooshing and my thoughts seem to be zinging all over the place.

Also, not to discount the spiritual/un spiritual - do you say your heartfelt prayers at night? After asking Father to banish the advasary from you do you then do your part to not begin to think of the nightmarish things?

Am I an idiot?

Are you paralyzed during this experience? I have sleep paralysis, which can involve hallucinations. The very first time I had it, I had a hallucination that an evil spirit was attacking me and when I could finally move again, I realized it was the same thing my mom has had all these years, and my grandpa, my brother, and now my sister. I haven't had that since then, but sometimes as I'm falling asleep (especially when I'm sleep deprived), I will not be able to move and it feels like I can't breathe. With my mom, she feels like she can breathe and she can yell for help. I can't yell or anything. Anyway, there is this weird sound that happens during the process that's hard to describe and as soon as I hear it, I will move a part of my body and I come out of it if I'm quick enough.

You said: Whenever I get those sensations, I pray and pray, and it all goes away.

My question: What are you asking when you pray? Just for it to go away?

Have you ever asked Heavenly Father to help you understand what and why your experiencing this?

Good question.

I certainly don't just ask "Make them go away, thank you", I pray earnestly for the Heavenly Fathers guidance, compassion, that I might feel his love, warmth and light. That he might banish the evil things from my spirit, give them no place in my heart and give me the strength to battle the temptation of sin and what might leave me open to the devil.

It seems to work for me.

Cya

Simon

It might also be that you have high blood pressure- the whooshing in your ears and hearing things is a symptom of HB Pressure. Go to your Dr and a simple blood test will tell you. If you do, then medication is in order and once you are established taking the meds, the whoosing and things will decrease. When I forget to take my HB pressure meds, I get a lot of ringing, whooshing and my thoughts seem to be zinging all over the place.

I do like to think I can tell the difference between the two. I am overweight, but a regular visitor to my GP for one thing or another. Apart from the weight and an underactive thyroid, Im actually the picture of health!

Also, not to discount the spiritual/un spiritual - do you say your heartfelt prayers at night? After asking Father to banish the advasary from you do you then do your part to not begin to think of the nightmarish things?

After I've said my piece, that's it, nothing else happens for a while.

Are you paralyzed during this experience? I have sleep paralysis, which can involve hallucinations. The very first time I had it, I had a hallucination that an evil spirit was attacking me and when I could finally move again, I realized it was the same thing my mom has had all these years, and my grandpa, my brother, and now my sister. I haven't had that since then, but sometimes as I'm falling asleep (especially when I'm sleep deprived), I will not be able to move and it feels like I can't breathe. With my mom, she feels like she can breathe and she can yell for help. I can't yell or anything. Anyway, there is this weird sound that happens during the process that's hard to describe and as soon as I hear it, I will move a part of my body and I come out of it if I'm quick enough.

No, I definitely can move, and open my eyes. I see all the bad images and open my eyes. Nothing there. I close my eyes and try to put up with them then something happens, like I see an image of a face fly at me, or someone scream or yell into my ear and it'll jerk me awake.

It's quite eery.

Bizarrely, after reporting the first incident of someone whispering "I can see you", I told my sister about it. She reported a very similar incident getting ready for a bath the one day - in a different house!

Cya

Simon

I do like to think I can tell the difference between the two. I am overweight, but a regular visitor to my GP for one thing or another. Apart from the weight and an underactive thyroid, Im actually the picture of health!

After I've said my piece, that's it, nothing else happens for a while.

No, I definitely can move, and open my eyes. I see all the bad images and open my eyes. Nothing there. I close my eyes and try to put up with them then something happens, like I see an image of a face fly at me, or someone scream or yell into my ear and it'll jerk me awake.

It's quite eery.

Bizarrely, after reporting the first incident of someone whispering "I can see you", I told my sister about it. She reported a very similar incident getting ready for a bath the one day - in a different house!

Cya

Simon

Freaky! Makes me grateful that the dark man I saw wasn't real. You could have the missionaries bless your house. I sure would!

Am I an idiot?

Prayer and the preisthood blessing might be in order? And also you might want to consider the possibility of are you taking any kind of medications? those will do that kind of stuff.

:mellow:

Last night I felt my room change from a good, calm, peaceful feeling to that of unclean spirits "plotting" against me (no, I'm not crazy). I've always been very sensitive to spirits, it even says so in my patriarchal blessing (to some degree). Lately I've been living really well and staying my cleanest because I'm preparing for a mission, so I think that's why the change last night was so apparent to me. However, I prayed and it didn't immediately go away, so I had to take action with the priesthood. I felt them leave, and went to sleep peacefully. What I experienced may not be as extreme as in your case, but you're not crazy for feeling/hearing/seeing those things. Like some people said, it could be non-spiritual things that's causing it, but in the case that they're evil spirits, prayer/asking for a blessing is always a good idea and a good first resort.