Color Coded Sex Bracelets?

I was watching one of the morning news channels and they were talking about Sex Bracelets. It caught my attention because I have a 14-year-old daughter and I thought I should share it with you. Apparently those jelly stretchy bracelets are for more then just a colorful accessory. Each color represents an "act" and if a boy snaps it off your wrist he "wins that favor".

If you are interested on learning more just do a search on Sex Bracelets and you will find plenty to read.

This isn't new news but it is the first time I have heard of it and it is very troubling to me.

Gee, that is something I don't want to think about.

My daughter wears those bracelets, and she has about 20 on at a time. Red and black. But she is into the gothic look right now, and they sort of seemed to go with the rest of the decor. Luckily, she is adding other types of bracelets into the mix, now.

Er......... ummmm............... What do red and black stand for?

SCARY - Did you see the Oprah episode that talked about 13 year old girls and what they're doing these days?

Please don't take this the wrong way, as I don't mean to offend you since you have girls, and I know you love them, and I would love mine too if I had one (whew)...

BUT, it made me glad I have only a boy... and we're done! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jenda@May 26 2004, 10:53 AM

Gee, that is something I don't want to think about.

My daughter wears those bracelets, and she has about 20 on at a time. Red and black. But she is into the gothic look right now, and they sort of seemed to go with the rest of the decor. Luckily, she is adding other types of bracelets into the mix, now.

Er......... ummmm............... What do red and black stand for?

You can edit this if it is too much.

Here's a common breakdown, from what teens told NBC 10:

Yellow: hugging

Purple: kissing

Red: lap dance

Blue: oral sex

Black: the full monty.

In a game called Snap, if a boy breaks a jelly bracelet off a girls wrist, he basically gets a sexual coupon for that act.

It's become such a problem in some middle schools in Florida, districts started banning the bracelets.

If your daughter is wearing one of these bracelets, it certainly doesn't mean she's having sex, following through on the Snap game, or even knows about the code,.

But experts say it's a good opportunity for you to have that all important conversation about sex, what you think is acceptable, and best for your family.

Yeah so if a nerdy guy snaps the bracelet, do you think he gets anything? They interviewed some kids about this and they all said that " snapping a bracelet is not going to make us want to have sex. "

But since avoiding evil is a good idea, I would tell kids not to wear them. I would also tell them to buy bracelets that don't break. Then when the guy tries, teach the girl to drop kick the bastage and yell, "no I will not make out with you!"

Originally posted by cedar@May 26 2004, 12:59 PM

Yeah so if a nerdy guy snaps the bracelet, do you think he gets anything? They interviewed some kids about this and they all said that " snapping a bracelet is not going to make us want to have sex. "

But since avoiding evil is a good idea, I would tell kids not to wear them. I would also tell them to buy bracelets that don't break. Then when the guy tries, teach the girl to drop kick the bastage and yell, "no I will not make out with you!"

I will definitely take this advice into consideration. :o:D:lol: :)

Guest Chell
Originally posted by Jenda+May 26 2004, 08:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ May 26 2004, 08:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--cedar@May 26 2004, 12:59 PM

Yeah so if a nerdy guy snaps the bracelet, do you think he gets anything?  They interviewed some kids about this and they all said that " snapping a bracelet is not going to make us want to have sex.  "

But since avoiding evil is a good idea, I would tell kids not to wear them.  I would also tell them to buy bracelets that don't break.  Then when the guy tries, teach the girl to drop kick the bastage and yell, "no I will not make out with you!"

I will definitely take this advice into consideration. :o:D:lol: :)

Same here! Except I don't have any girls.

Interesting... the radio morning show I listen to is talking about these bracelets right now. They have a young girl that called in to talk about the situation with them at her school. Pretty sad.

I grew up the 80's and remember wearing bracelets similar to this. Me and my friends loved them. It didn't mean anything then though!

Originally posted by shanstress70@May 27 2004, 04:32 AM

I grew up the 80's and remember wearing bracelets similar to this. Me and my friends loved them. It didn't mean anything then though!

Either you are a lot older than Spencer and AFDaw, or you are just pulling our legs. :P

Thanks for pointing that out, Jenda! <_< I am actually about 8 - 10 years older than AFDaw; not sure about Spencer, but I think they are about the same. We joke about it a lot, but I can never remember her exact age. I am 33. Actually, I don’t mind getting older. The older I get, the more comfortable I am with myself in all aspects. Plus, I FEEL young!

Sounds like the little dots on the backside of labels we would pull off of bottles when I was in high school. Didn't mean we actually "used" the labels (coupons)....we just had fun with them.

I grew up wearing the jelly bracelets to, those and black stretch pants with long baggy shirts...and very long high hair...it was in :D Love Depeche Mode

Guest jackvance88

This is like "flagging". Hang around anywhere close to some of Salt Lake's gay friendly clubs on the weekend and you're sure to see apparently wholesome looking boys walking about with various colored/designed hankerchiefs hannging out of their back pockets. Wonder what that could mean?

Guest bizabra

Originally posted by LaurelTree@May 28 2004, 08:23 AM

I grew up wearing the jelly bracelets to, those and black stretch pants with long baggy shirts...and very long high hair...it was in :D Love Depeche Mode

Ooooh, I LOVE Depeche Mode.........

Hey maybe I'll buy some of those bracelets for my hubby and I to use :D

Ooops that was probably inappropreiate.. sorry...I have a very warped sense of humor this week. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@May 27 2004, 11:53 PM

I asked my daughter if she knew what the different colors meant and she said yes. I asked her to tell me and her eyes got big and she said "No! I can't you're OLD!" That makes me think that she knows exactly what they mean..

Yeha but does she play the game? I don't thionk anyone plays the game, except for Laurel Tree...

I don't play it, I said it might be fun :D for my hubby and I.

I was trying to lighten the cituation...Alot of people wear them and few understand it, talk to your kids, be honest and dont stress, thats all