Hello all you crazy Mormon folk...

batjerk

And those who are not. Just for the sake of clarity, that title was written tongue firmly planted in cheek...

I hail from the great State of Denial, erm, I mean, Minnesota. Of course, "great" is a wholly subjective term.;)

Well, here I am. Not entirely sure why, but I think it has something directly to do with boredom. I'd spent some time at FAIR, some time on LDSchat, at least for a couple days until their little Java deal decided it hated Windows XP. I am fairly active at MORC, and I was even a guest mod at Traxxas.

Discussion fora are not new to me, but this one is. Not as if that's terribly important, but I wrote it anyway.^_^

I am a currently active member of the Shoreview Ward of the Saint Paul, Minnesota Stake. I currently serve as an Elders' Quorum teacher. I tend to be a bit pedantic, but I try not to take it to extremes.

I spend lots of time on my bicycle, at least when I'm not avoiding work at work, like right now. :huh: If I'm not doing that, I'm on the X-Box, or the Internet, or wasting lots of time in some other extremely efficient way.

I used to like driving, but my distaste for paying more than $3 for a gallon of gas kinda took that away. Now, I try to bicycle everywhere. Unfortunately, it's winter and it's cold. I hate the cold. What's worse, is it'll get all nice and warm on Saturday, and I'll head for our lovely, snow encrusted singletrack, and have a great ride. Think to myself, I gotta ride to work on Monday, but invariably, the bottom falls out of the thermometer on Sunday afternoon, making for a miserable ride with cold feet.:( Thankfully, February is quickly sliding into history and it will be spring soon.):sunny:

I think that's a long enough post for the moment. I may post other stuff if there are any threads that spark my interest enough to pipe up.

Oh yeah, my name is Trevor.

Ok all those mormons that are crazy say yee......... OOOK YOU CAN STOP

NOW!

:eek:Gee I almost lost my herring and I am living on the other side of the pool....

3 $ agallon!!! :eek: We have 2,6$ a liter!!! Even the disel is there about ...so that would be about ... 3,3 a gallon!!

Now, in your calculations, did you take exchange rate into account? Also, there are 3.7something litres in a U.S. Gallon. I know we have cheap fuel here, comparatively, but it still bugs me.

I hate that our culture is so dependent on cars. I really hate that our cities are laid out so as to discourage other modes of transportation. And, I really don't like that so many motorists are so ignorant of traffic laws, who mistakenly think they have a right to use the public roads, when, in reality, it is they who are only privileged to do so.

I guess this'll cause some thread creep.:cool:

I used the transmittor for the currency... we do sometimes... every friday, usually, get some REALLY cheep gasoline/disel it is now going a whole krowner cheeper, than on week days, sometimes it may be 2nkr difference a liter! That is a LOT I thinks...

Here too the public transport is... hmm...almost non excistent with no connections that work...

If there is a speedlimit of 80km/h the usual speed is 100km/h and that is the limit of looingthe license too.... In Finland the speed limit is on highways 120km/h and that is ok..no need to drive faster...except at 5 aclock in the morning when you are about to miss the ferry to Sweden :eek:... when you have made a mistake about the date.... :D My husband drowe and I sat beside and prayed..no moose, no police... empty roads ... the ab. 5 hour drive took us 3 and we just made on board. As we had driven in the boat closed the doors.... and a few miles before we were driving on a very winding road behind a big lorry filled with IRON... it drove 30km/h.... We passed it in the ONLY possible place in miles! :o What a ride! he drove 140 most of the way...