Adam's Rib caper

Hemidakota

Congratulation...to you and Richard. The 'hammer hit the nail." It confirms my assumption after a lengthy research.

Side thoughts: Is the FATHER telling a story here since HE "could of created both Adam and Eve together" outside the garden as HE mentioned in earlier part pertaining to male and female being created together spiritually?

Behind the 'rib' of Adam, lies a deeper meaning of the "beginning."

Side thoughts: Is the FATHER telling a story here since HE "could of created both Adam and Eve together" outside the garden as HE mentioned in earlier part pertaining to male and female being created together spiritually?

I don't know exactly who it is telling the story (unless of course, you are referring to the Book of Moses, in which it seems that it is G-d the Father. Genesis almost seems to be the divine council [or at least more than one deity] telling the story).

Behind the 'rib' of Adam, lies a deeper meaning of the "beginning."

Moses 1:33-35 have always been a bit enigmatic to me. Especially verse 34. It almost makes it sound as if there have been many worlds, and men created (apart from this earth), but the first was named “Adam.” In a way, it almost makes it sound as if “Adam” wasn’t part of this sphere.

*shrugs*

Here’s a bit from “Mercer Dictionary of the Bible” (Mills & Bullard, pg. 274) that you might find interesting:

The Yahwistic creation narrative (Gen 2:4b-4:26), of which the naming of Eve is a part, contains the rib-story motif. A myth from ancient Sumer concerning the ailing god Enki identifies the healer of his rib, one of his afflicted body parts, as the goddess Nin-ti. A play on words occurs with Sumerian, “ti” meaning “rib” as well as “make alive.” Thus Nin-ti is the “lady of the rib” and the “lady who makes alive.” Though no such word play occurs in the Hebrew, “rib” and “living” are nonetheless connected in the biblical narrative.

I was referring the physical 'creation of separation' of the two as a metaphorically story telling. If my assumption is correct [seeking a confirmation from HS], this is something that is only revealed when a person is ready to understand the beginning of Ahman.

In the search for the answer has been one of those ‘Connecting-The-Dots’ picture game. Even the title, 'Christ', was one of the earlier clues. Other clues received, came over the few years that connected another dots together to form the picture [answer]. .

Russell Ball wrote a piece called “Whole Earth", which was published in the 2nd edition of the "Journal of Book of Mormon Studies". The topic was on Noah Flood was not a global flood. I was asked a question, 'What happened to the fresh water fish if the earth was flooded?' It seemed to be a reasonable question that needed to be answered. I use to be a member of the Ey - L forum [bYU Professors and other LDS intellects] since the nineties. I placed the question on the forum and expected to receive some help in answering this mystery. After 18-months, research, study, prayers, I managed finally in receiving the answer by prayer and that surprised me what was received. Russell gave me his paper after I received the answer. After reading it, I told him, “…I hope you are not teaching this dogma to anyone.’ Also told Steve Nelson, the earth is not a static model [Mount Everest] to base any claimed factual notion through sediments and layers.

My thinking is that God used the method of evolution via the In Vivo laboratory enclosure known as Earth.

Rib capers? Who knows what those scamps at House of Ribs may have brewed up - hopefully some Carolina Honeys. Speaking of which, does anybody know if Mr. Jim's Rib Shack on Vermont Avenue in Los Angeles is still in business?