How Souls Are Created In Heaven?

Gaea

Hidden

LDS Newsroom - Clarifications to Religion Writers and Editors Regarding <i>Newsweek</i> Report

No conference talks given by First Presidencies or Apostles have mentioned "heavenly mother."

Also, there's nothing I've found that says anything in a manner that suggests there's just one "Heavenly Mother." For all we know, there could be two, or more.

It's all speculation, and not necessary to know in order to receive salvation.

I agree, it is not necessary for Salvation, (although I think Joseph F. Smith mentioned "Heavenly Parents" in a conference talk)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LDS Newsroom - Clarifications to Religion Writers and Editors Regarding <i>Newsweek</i> Report

No conference talks given by First Presidencies or Apostles have mentioned "heavenly mother."

Also, there's nothing I've found that says anything in a manner that suggests there's just one "Heavenly Mother." For all we know, there could be two, or more.

It's all speculation, and not necessary to know in order to receive salvation.

:lol:

Salvation? I am grateful for the prophet Joseph Smith in receiving that information. It brings a 'deeper' meaning for us parents and the day I can embrace both of them when resurrected. Now, the salvation part is not entirely correct. GOD will inpart this revelation for those of the CFB as HE did for JS.

At this point, let us drop this issue. :D

TOM - The usage of the word create or Ancient Hebrew 'Bara' is to form or fashion, wouldn't the GOD use the term 'gave birth' & 'was born?'

Ge 2:22 - And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Ge 5:1 - This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

Ge 6:6 - And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Ge 6:7 - And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Ge 9:6 - Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Jer 27:5 - I have made the earth, the man and the beast that are upon the ground, by my great power and by my outstretched arm, and have given it unto whom it seemed meet unto me.

Now, do you remember that it was GOD, Savior, and another person [possibility more were there], they created man. Did the man at first have the spirit? Ws it a adult body? Or was it simply an empty physical shell?

TOM - The usage of the word create or Ancient Hebrew 'Bara' is to form or fashion, wouldn't the GOD use the term 'gave birth' & 'was born?'

Ge 2:22 - And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Ge 5:1 - This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

Ge 6:6 - And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Ge 6:7 - And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Ge 9:6 - Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Jer 27:5 - I have made the earth, the man and the beast that are upon the ground, by my great power and by my outstretched arm, and have given it unto whom it seemed meet unto me.

Now, do you remember that it was GOD, Savior, and another person [possibility more were there], they created man. Did the man at first have the spirit? Ws it a adult body? Or was it simply an empty physical shell?

Nothing you've said seems to remove the possibility that Adam and Eve were created in the manner I suggested.

We are created in the IMAGE of God. Gods in embryo. I would imagine included in that is our mode of reproduction. Our mode of reproduction models God's mode of reproduction. I see no reason why God would vary from that when it came to creating Adam and Eve. It is the idea that God created me from a bunch of dirt that seems to fly in the face of what seems (to me) to be a more straightforward and likely manner of being created.

Just being honest.

The idea of a heavenly mother is taught in a few different Church Manuals. One is Primary 2, I believe.

But again, knowing whether or not there's heavenly mother does not affect whether or not we'll be allowed into the highest degree of glory. Were that so, it would be taught and stated as such. Right now we have the FULLNESS of the Gospel. We have all that we need on this earth to attain salvation.

As far as the whole "embryo" thing... I don't think Adam was created from a "bunch of dirt." Matter is eternal, we're taught this. The matter would've been formed into the form of a man, and then quickened. "Dust of the earth" means moreso that it was created from the same sort of matter as the earth. That is, the physical matter. And Eve was created from his "rib" to show that Woman is in fact of the same material as man.

Heavenly Mother is referred to very briefly in scriptures and talks. That is by design, don't you think. Very little about heavenly birth of spirits. Anything beyond that is merely speculation me thinks.

Scriptures would seem to indicate that the body was created first, then breadth of life (the spirit )entered. Otherwise, the spirit would not have had a body (container) in which to dwell.

Genesis 2:7 - 7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Moses 3: 4-7, 19

4 And now, behold, I say unto you, that these are the generations of the heaven and of the earth, when they were created, in the day that I, the Lord God, made the heaven and the earth,

5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew. For I, the Lord God, created all things, of which I have spoken, spiritually, before they were naturally upon the face of the earth. For I, the Lord God, had not caused it to rain upon the face of the earth. And I, the Lord God, had created all the children of men; and not yet a man to till the ground; for in fheaven created I them; and there was not yet flesh upon the earth, neither in the water, neither in the air;

6 But I, the Lord God, spake, and there went up a amist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7 And I, the Lord God, formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul, the first flesh upon the earth, the first man also; nevertheless, all things were before created; but spiritually were they created and made according to my word.

Abr. 5: 7

7 And the Gods formed man from the dust of the ground, and took his spirit (that is, the man’s spirit), and put it into him; and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul.

Eccl. 12: 7

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Abr. 5: 17

17 And Adam said: This was bone of my bones, and aflesh of my flesh; now she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of man;

Tom, there is only ONE BEGOTTEN SON in the FLESH or mortality - Jesus Christ. Adam and Eve was not. IF so, then FATHER has lied.

I agree, Christ was unique. HEAVENLY FATHER + Mary. A child from this sort of union will never happen again.

Adam and Eve were also unique. HEAVENLY FATHER + HEAVENLY MOTHER, both for their physical bodies as well as their spirits. Adam and Eve had no parents to be born from, except for Heavenly Father and Mother. They were not "the Only Begotten" of the Father, like Christ was.

It's just my theory. If Adam and Eve came to be some other way, then that is fine with me. My theory makes the most logical sense to me.

I am not suggesting this is doctrine. Nor am I suggesting that anyone else should believe the same way or go around teaching this.

Speculation makes the mind wander! ^_^

True, but I believe I was responding to a question that (in my opinion) required speculation, so I gave mine.

I should remind everyone here that everything we need to know to return to Heavenly Father is bound in the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel - the Doctrine of Christ. Knowing exactly how Adam was literally created, or that a rib was literally taken from Adam and given to Eve, or the symbology it represents, is not necessarily critical to that.

Many faithful saints crossing the plains have entered into their exaltation, some of which didn't even know how to read or write.

I have voiced my opinion, and made it clear it was my opinion, and I don't appreciate harassment or veiled inuendo because of my opinion.

Guys, all 'that is' not for everyone. Nor it was meant to be. For some, as with our forefathers, they seek the answers and it was there desires of one's heart that the Lord GOD, answer it. Brother of Jared, Abraham, Enoch, Noah, Moses, and so forth down to our time to Joseph Smith. However, I would caution you to read D&C 130:18-21. What FATHER has met out for our self-edification and salvation is different from the basics when received to what is deemable to that individual. Last, beside meeting the basic principles of the Gospel, your PB is the guiding roadmap.

Tom, I appreciate your sincerety and Skalenfehl, sometimes you make me wonder....lol

That was not my intention. My apologies.

Thank you.

skalenfehl: I think my ire was raised at what I thought might be happening vs what was actually happening. I should have given you the benefit of the doubt.

hemi: Thank you. And I am still waiting (maybe not patiently, but I'm waiting) for your clarification on the Atonement.

I count you both as friends, and as my brethren in the Lord.

Please forgive me if I have offended either one of you.

Don't be. We are entitled to voice our opinions. I think even Elder McConkie realize that one when his book surfaced [Mormon Doctrine].

I do appreciate your comments.

I will need more time. The reasoning behind this, the Atonement is the Gospel, as the Gospel is Christ, as the Christ, the gospel, and the Atonement is the Plan of the Father. There are many doors that will open to give more clarity of what was, what is, and what will be. For some, it will be trouble some.

Don't be. We are entitled to voice our opinions. I think even Elder McConkie realize that one when his book surfaced [Mormon Doctrine].

I do appreciate your comments.

I will need more time. The reasoning behind this, the Atonement is the Gospel, as the Gospel is Christ, as the Christ, the gospel, and the Atonement is the Plan of the Father. There are many doors that will open to give more clarity of what was, what is, and what will be. For some, it will be trouble some.

Okay.

(note: You can share it with me privately if you prefer)