Do I send it back if its Free?

tubaloth

Just wondering what you guys would do in this situation.

Some how my credit card was hacked (I still have the Credit card, but charges were being made to it). Called the Credit card company and everything is being taken care of, (getting a new card) and I'm NOT going to have to pay for the charges. (I caught it early).

From some strange reason, one of the charges on the card was some wrinkle cream, and the hacker actually mailed it to me. (with the Login and password that was used to set up the account).

This company that does the wrinkle cream does the first month "free" then you can cancel, just send back what ever is unused. The only charge that was on my card, was just the shipping, but that has been taken care of through my credit card company (so I didn't pay for that).

I went to the web site and canceled the account, but the account never really is completely closed until I send the product back?

But if I send the product back then I'll have to pay for shipping.

I guess I feel that if I pay for shipping then in some way the hacker has cost me money. Where as I guess the company (who is a victim too) offers the first month free. So should I worry about shipping it back?

I did e-mail the company and explain it all, and that I didn't plan on returning it, but that if they wanted to send me some mailing label, I would be happy to take it to the post office.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm handling this situation the best?

So, do you notice a difference in your face yet?

At least somebody around here knows how to get to the point.

Solution to your troubles: Throw those stupid, worthless, price increasing, vulnerability to theft raising, plastic cards out and use good old fashioned Federal reserve notes.

-a-train

Just wondering what you guys would do in this situation.

I did e-mail the company and explain it all, and that I didn't plan on returning it, but that if they wanted to send me some mailing label, I would be happy to take it to the post office.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm handling this situation the best?

Yup, I would've done exactly that! :)