Hope and Fear for Zimbabwe Vote

susieSA

I really didn't know too much about it, but I did just get though reading an article on-line about Zimbabwe's poor billionaires.

It stated that their money is so devalued, that it takes like 10 million (Zimbabwe-an)dollars to buy a gallon of gas.

I just cannot imagine such an environment. I hope things get better for them no matter the outcome of the election.

I heard this story where some powerful guy back in the 60's sent Mugabe to Prison. This dude died 20 years ago and somehow he is voting for Mugabe at the age of 102 years old . Sounds pretty obvious to me. Not only is he 102 but hes also able to vote from Heaven:D

I wouldn't put that past him...

He has always been very paranoid.. And for good reason too...

I saw an advert on tv in South Africa for Mugabe's opposition.... It was really interesting...

It seems that there are alot who are putting alot of hope on this elections...

Previously anyone who has opposed him they have been scared off...

Not this one

I saw a program on tv here yesterday (Thursday) about Zimbabwe, Mugabe rules the place with an iron fist.

Inflation is way out of control, a bottle of tomato sauce costs more than an average person earns per month!

Most shops are out of goods to sell, only those that have foodstuffs to sell are visited by those who have a money supply from outside the country of are from the government.

Hospital services are so poor - few drugs and medical supplies.

I really didn't know too much about it, but I did just get though reading an article on-line about Zimbabwe's poor billionaires.

It stated that their money is so devalued, that it takes like 10 million (Zimbabwe-an)dollars to buy a gallon of gas.

I just cannot imagine such an environment. I hope things get better for them no matter the outcome of the election.

That "environment" is coming to a neighborhood near you...

The "Dollar" is collapsing (as is unavoidable with a "fiat" currency). When it get's nasty, you'll need more paper money than you can imagine just to get a loaf of bread...

We must return to the divinely inspired Gold / Silver Standard.

That "environment" is coming to a neighborhood near you...

The "Dollar" is collapsing (as is unavoidable with a "fiat" currency). When it get's nasty, you'll need more paper money than you can imagine just to get a loaf of bread...

We must return to the divinely inspired Gold / Silver Standard.

It took Zimbabwe decades & 7 presidential terms to get there...

I honestly don't see how you can even begin to compare the two...

The "Dollar" still has a far way to go compared to many other currancies..

But I shall leave that there...

my heart goes out to millions of poor people who are suffering under this tyrant

i've met some in Johannesburg, South Africa, at church and one of the guys i met (name withheld) stayed with me for a couple of months while trying to get on his feet. the sad, sick and horrifying stories he told me about his homeland should really be told to the whole world.

i'd love to know why the US hasn't invaded Zim yet?????

oh, right… no oil…

• 2 months later...

It is sad but the truth is unavoidable. Without God there is no hope and most of the underdeveloped world suffers from corruption and internal strife because they have a very rudimentary conception of society, right and wrong or ethical behavior quite distant from God as we know Him.

These are primarily tribal societies that were "pushed" into the 20th century by a UN mandate that created artificial borders and forced upon them a Western social structure that did not evolved from within thus it could not prosper. They went from yearly skirmishes with bronze age warring instruments to more efficient killing tools provided by the western countries. But in general they remain engaged in the same ancestral battles.

my heart goes out to millions of poor people who are suffering under this tyrant

i've met some in Johannesburg, South Africa, at church and one of the guys i met (name withheld) stayed with me for a couple of months while trying to get on his feet. the sad, sick and horrifying stories he told me about his homeland should really be told to the whole world.

i'd love to know why the US hasn't invaded Zim yet?????

oh, right… no oil…

Hmm....perhaps you need to do some further research concerning the bigger problem - IRAN.

I don't believe that this thread was started with OIL being the topic of discussion.. I don't recall anyone saying that the Iraq invasion was motivated by oil.

And I don't believe that a discussion on terrorism was the intended topic of discussion either....

I could go further into the topic of Zimbabwe... But then that would be classified as breaking a rule.. So I shall refrain from doing so...