The Rapture!!!

Mullenite

Guest User-Removed

It's easier to laugh at the teachings of others than to try to engage them in intelligent discourse.

Actually...I don't have time to go back and find the original post, but I'm sure you've taken this out of context...

If I had time, I'd find it...but early church Fathers wrote about God as three persons long before Nicea. And, of course, those of us who teach it, explain it with Scripture, not ancient church council writings.

You feel free to find all the time in the world...cause for every early Christian supporting your false position...I can find one or two supporting my correct position. Additionally, by the time of Nicea, most early Christians supporting my position had been excommunicate, banished or murdered by folks supporting your position.

So? There is no internet in the NT either, yet here we are.

You're oh so correct...BTW...Should I laugh with you...or at you for this really ludicris remark....bwahahahahahahahahaha

Teachings????...bwahahahaha...That is laughable.

The Trinity was created out of the Council of Nicea...

The Rapture is a 19th/20th Century creation...

NO WHERE in the NT will you find the use of either word

Golden rule, MDSkip. Play nice!

HiJolly

It seems to me that this thread has gotten away from the original intent of the poster. Whether one believes indeed in the rapture or second coming, the fact remains that as Christians we do believe that Jesus will return one day and prior to his return, certain prophiesed events must take place. In my opinion, both these words accurately describe actions that will take place at that time.

Def. second coming

1. [n] - (Christian theology) the reappearance of Jesus as judge for the Last Judgment

rap·ture (rpchr)

n.

1. The state of being transported by a lofty emotion; ecstasy.

2. An expression of ecstatic feeling. Often used in the plural.

3. The transporting of a person from one place to another, especially to heaven.

That post about intelligences has impressed you?

Did you know that the bible also alluded to it even Jesus?

1. Joshua 24:27 - And Joshua said unto all the people, Behold, this stone shall be a witness unto us; for it hath heard all the words of the LORD which he spake unto us: it shall be therefore a witness unto you, lest ye deny your God.

2. Habakkuk 2:11 - For the stone shall cry out of the wall, and the beam out of the timber shall answer it.

3. Luke 19:40 - And HE answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

Moses taught Israel the religion of Enoch and they would not hear. Consider that Enoch only wrote on Stone Tablets, and that Moses came down with the Ten commandments in Stone Tablets. And that the first altar God commanded man to build it from uncut Stones. Stones and rocks are used as witnesses as well as in the Altar unto God. As you can see that the OT alludes to this in a few places and Jesus also taught on it...even though very little of it remains in the NT.

Has anyone ever considered if we were to command a mountain to go into the sea....that it would not need enough intelligence to understand us, and to move and to understand what is a sea before executing the command?

Peace be unto you

bert10

Mullenite...WOW...you are dead bang right on....God Bless Cleon (RIP) and God Bless Elder Widstoe!!!!

1 Cor. 15

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

D&C 43

30 For the great Millennium, of which I have spoken by the mouth of my servants, shall come. 31 For Satan shall be bound, and when he is loosed again he shall only reign for a little season, and then cometh the end of the earth.

32 And he that liveth in righteousness shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye, and the earth shall pass away so as by fire.

33 And the wicked shall go away into unquenchable fire, and their end no man knoweth on earth, nor ever shall know, until they come before me in judgment.

1 Thes. 4

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Math. 24

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

There's other scriptures mentioning it. But it doesn't seem to indicate that it happens before all of the trials of the tribulation period. Rather, this all seems like what happens right before Christ appears, or, rather, AS he appears.

Could someone please give me scripture references (any version of the Bible) as to where the idea of the Rapture comes from? Pre-trib would be preferred.

Guest User-Removed

You sound like a Richardson. I better not say any more.

HiJolly

I'm not a Richardson...but know a ton of them...which Richardson line(s) do you know???

OMFH has a dual meaning....

In SL County...it's Oh My Freaking Heck....

In Utah County...it's Oh My Flippin Heck...

bwahahahahahaha

• 10 months later...

So? There is no internet in the NT either, yet here we are.

Sure about that?

REVELATION CHAPTER 15:2

And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

BTW just to add to the mix....there are also mid-trib people, who think the rapture will occurr oddly enough in the middle of the tribulation.

Hemi,

Was that a joke? Play on rapture and resurrected from the dead?

Edited by AnthonyB

My question to all of you....when has God removed the people from the earth because conditions were awful?

Did God removed Noah when the whole was at war and giants were pillaging and killing men?

No instead Noah was sent out to preach one last time before the flood. And in the flood...did God rapture Noah or required Noah to be saved by Faith?

-------------------------------------------

Enoch and Zion.

Why was this city never attacked by the wicked? Actually it was...Enoch simply destroyed their armies so that Zion was feared and left alone. Whenever any one went on a mission for God from Zion ....they wore their priestly garb and the wicked fled in fear before them.

------------------------------------------

Israel in Egypt and the ten plagues.

Did God rapture Israel when the ten plagues fell on Egypt? Of did God preserve Israel and even made them to prosper while the Egyptians were made poorer and died?

------------------------------------------------

Men are saved by Faith...if a man is not able to see Christ now...He is not any more worthy to be raptured tomorrow if Christ were to come.

Zions shall be holy places where the righteous shall go. It shall be in the end times as it was in the beginning.

Zions shall be places of refuge and safety unto them who shall repent.

If the Wicked will dare to attack those places whom God shall designate as holy.....God will destroy them. And the people of God shall be left alone.

What is going to happen is the reverse of what happened in the beginning.....As the earth fell so did man and nature. As the world will be purified and risen in glory so will those who shall remain on her shall be changed to be able to abide Edenic [lack of a better word] glory.

The chaff is what shall be bundled up and be taken and be burned up. It is the good grain that remains to be stored up in the barn.

Concerning the Second Coming - there are some prophecies which applies at the end of the Millennium that have taken and instead been applied against this coming.

This coming shall be Alike as to how Jesus Left us.

Jesus did not leave us with 10,000 saints.

Acts 1:11 - Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Peace be unto you

bert10

The Rapture - An LDS Perspective

The concept of the rapture wasn't really popularized until 1908 when an evangelist named William Blackstone wrote a book called "Jesus is coming" that sold more than a million copies. He went out and found all sorts of quotes and ideas from former bible historians and scholars to support the idea of the rapture (the entire concept is built around scriptural versus, and I know Isaiah was a big influence on the theory). The word "rapture" didn't occur in print until a year later (1909) with the Scofield Reference Bible.

In its purest form, the concept of the rapture basically says Christ will remove the righteous from the earth prior to his coming to burn the wicked.

There are, however, two very different schools of thought on "the rapture": Those who believe the rapture we occur PRIOR to all of the horrible tribulations and events described in association with the apocalypse (they are dubbed "pre-tribulation rapturists") and those who believe it will occur AFTER all of the trials (post-tribulation rapturists).

The LDS peopel like to dismiss the idea of a rapture completely, except our doctrine clearly places us in the camp of the post-tribulation rapturists, since we know Christ WILL remove the righteous from the the earth immediately prior to the millenial burning. Other post-tribbers have slightly different ideas about what sequence of events will lead up to the rapture, but for LDS people, there can be no debate.

It's interesting that for a pre-trib rapture, there is a surprising amount of scriptural evidence to support it -- they simply misunderstand the meaning of the versus.

No single point of doctrine has done more to prevent good Christian people from preparing for the last days than the idea of a pre-tribulation rapture. I think MOST good Christians believe Christ's return (and the rapture) are imminent, but have NO preparations whatsoever -- What's the point in preparing if God intends to remove them from the earth and they don't have to suffer through all of that, anyway? Satan is a very clever person, isn't he??

Just how bad do things have to get before people get 'caught up'...Last Days seems a bit of a hint as to what it will be like...well you know, those that are still alive...and things sound like they will be a whole lot worse after that.

Coming from a tribulation/Armageddon instilled evangelical church I don't think there's a whole lot of room for doctrinal misinterpretation in Revelations: there's plenty of description of life on Earth before those people are caught up...think days of Noah x 10 and an Earth that cannot be washed clean by flood. Not God's time of wrath...but pretty sure it won't be pleasant all the same. The only reprieve for the chosen is perhaps that this is the time of shortened days.

I gather there are easier ways to go than having to last it out until the rapture...not that cup please is not invalid. Probably an awfully good reason why such ones will and can be raptured...they'll have been purified alright.

So yeah...I think the whole idea that the rapture is a cushy soft-headed belief that prevents people from looking at the glaringly obvious like the Bible is ?...not quite the whole story.