Kirby Heyborne

Jbs2763

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To clarify, I am not saying he has put his salvation in jeopardy. That's between him and God. I am saying that if he is promoting himself as an LDS actor (which he is), and an LDS musician (which he is), and a role model for LDS youth (which he has been, up to this point), this was a terrible choice. He obviously thought more of his career than his values on this one.

Now, I have had offers to work in a tobacco company, and a brewery company, but I declined, you see, you have family to support but what about the families of those fathers who will drink and smoke? What do you think?

It's a personal decision, and we all have free agency.:)

Read more here:

http://jbsolis.blogspot.com/2008/06/kirby-heyborne-standing-for-something.html:p

Didn't Steve Young play football on Sunday's???

Doesn't he announce football games on Sunday's now?????

Where is the outrage over Steve Young's choice to be engaged in football on Sunday's?

Just wondering. I don't really care either way, because that is between him and the Lord. Just as all my shortcomings and failings are between me and the Lord. ^_^

By the way...here are my thoughts on the issue:

John 8: 7

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Luke 6: 42

42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.

Well, that is all y'all are gonna get for two cents. :huh::lol::eek:

Edited by Tough Grits
typos...

I see a clear difference between judging Mr. Heyborne in an unrighteous way (i.e. "he's going to hell!") and being disappointed in his conduct as a role model. True, what he does personally is his business alone. But he chose to get into the LDS movie market in a very big way - we're talking about several movies here, a large percentage of LDS film in the past decade. He has painted himself as squeaky clean. He has produced an album of gospel-related songs. His fan base is almost exclusively LDS. That makes his public image our business as LDS consumers.

By making this commercial (in which he does not physically drink beer, but certainly takes a bottle from a cooler in preparation), he has essentially told his LDS fans that they and their values are unimportant and negotiable. I don't care what he does on a personal level. On a public level, he has shown me and many others good reason not to support him by buying his products. I would encourage those who feel likewise to make your opinions known, not only to friends and family, but to Mr. Heyborne himself.

• 2 months later...

How petty you people are...Kirby, great job on getting that commercial, it's a tuff indusrty and you are one talented man. I hope you all the best. I also hope you don't read these ridiculous posts. If some kid told me he was an alcoholic becasue the LDS movie star Kirby was in a beer commercial and that was the beginging of his downfall...are you kidding? I think there might just be some deeper rooted issues. You can't blame other people for your actions, nice try though. :D