Anti-LDS Sentiments

Tell critics that you respect their right to have an opinion and ask them to respect your right to have yours. You don't have to agree with each other, just accept each other. I found that it also helps if people are being very hurtful about your beliefs to remember something Jesus said, Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. (Matthew 5:11-12)

I was an 'investigator' for nearly 3 years and almost never missed a Sunday. During that time I had friends and relatives make some pretty snarky remarks about "mormon mind control" and the whole cult thing. I just laughed and asked if they thought I would really allow myself to be controlled by anyone or anything. It helped a lot that I'm extremely independent and slow to commit to anything. If they continued to be negative I would ask them to come to church with me to see for themselves what it was like.

Two of my best friends ended up getting baptized; one of them before I did. :lol: