A Quick Note

Spencer

Because Ray you would simply dismiss the truth he shares by saying that you know he is wrong because you are right.

Is that what you really think, Maureen, considering all the work I did to help both you and him to understand my perspective? If you know anything about me you should know that I don’t give simple and short responses, unless I know that expounding upon something won’t do any good.

Originally posted by Maureen+Aug 10 2004, 02:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maureen @ Aug 10 2004, 02:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Marsha@Aug 10 2004, 10:27 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--Maureen@Aug 10 2004, 01:11 AM

It appears someone has died and made Kevin boss...er I mean moderator. When did this happen? And do all the other moderators out there in LDStalk land agree with Kevin?

M.

hmmmm......... I haven't been a moderator or admin on this site for quite awhile, but I think that Kevin has hit it right in the bullseye.

Not sure what you are "reading'' between the lines, but he is saying the same thing that the moderators here and Heather has said for a long time.

Marsha

IMO, Kevin is saying that opinions about JS or other church leaders will be censored if they do not reflect lovely, mushy, lets put them on a pedestal sentiments.

M.

sounds uplifting to me...but I'm just a dumb Mormon rofl...

Originally posted by Maureen@Aug 10 2004, 11:35 AM

IMO, Kevin is saying that opinions about JS or other church leaders will be censored if they do not reflect lovely, mushy, lets put them on a pedestal sentiments.

M.

Maureen, I've said only that which is contained in the LDSTalk code of conduct or whatever you want to call it. Its been pinned at the top of each forum for quite some time.

Originally posted by Kevin+Aug 11 2004, 04:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kevin @ Aug 11 2004, 04:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Maureen@Aug 10 2004, 11:35 AM

M.

Maureen, I've said only that which is contained in the LDSTalk code of conduct or whatever you want to call it. Its been pinned at the top of each forum for quite some time.

The only paragraph that specifically lists offenses is this:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

I don't see how a person who states their opinion regarding the personality or characteristics of a LDS church leader breaks the rules of this statement.

M.

Originally posted by Spencer@Aug 12 2004, 05:18 AM

None-the-less i added the following to the cod of conduct just for you.

Comments of offensive, dis-respectful, or ill nature towards the leaders of ones faith or church, that bother members of this board are not acceptable.

Smells a little fishy to me.

Originally posted by Maureen@Aug 11 2004, 04:51 PM

The only paragraph that specifically lists offenses is this:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

I don't see how a person who states their opinion regarding the personality or characteristics of a LDS church leader breaks the rules of this statement.

M.

Look up. You'll see the following:

Any post which contains profanity, obscenities, or anything which would be found offensive to the majority of those who are LDS members..."

I think that statement covers it well enough. If you require specificity then just refer to Spencer's recent addition.

I do not believe Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I used to, but I don't anymore... (Hope I haven't offended anyone?) But I really do wonder if saying 'rude' things about him here is a good idea? I mean, you would not say rude things about the Pope on a Catholic site, hmm? (What??? You DO? Oh! ;) )

No, I would not say anything rude about the Pope on a Catholic site, or anywhere else for that matter. I would say that I don’t believe the Pope is a true prophet of God, and I might talk about some of the things I’ve heard or read that have led me to that belief, but I would try to do so with as much respect as possible.

In other words, as I see it, the Moderators aren’t expecting you all to agree with us. They only expect you to be nice and respectful in the way you say things. It is possible to be nice while not agreeing with someone, you know.

Originally posted by Jenda@Aug 12 2004, 02:23 PM

I am a moderator and I don't agree with everything, but when I discuss these issues, I try to do so respectfully.

(If I don't, y'all can let me know. :ph34r: )

Thanks for moderating out most of my posts... even the innocuous ones that try and share a little humor.

Originally posted by Faerie@Aug 9 2004, 12:53 PM

because there are those of us who are plain sick of the remarks :)

Wow, you can say that again. Oh, by the way, did you know that you're suppose to respond to the post and not to the poster? Like you're not suppose to say that a poster makes you sick with their remarks.