Snips And Snails...

Faerie

A future little RM tee hee heee

But you wouldn't really care if he decided not to go on a mission, right? Just so long as he is born a healthy, bouncing boy. Time enough in the future to consider filling his head with scripture and so forth. :)

Hope all goes well. Don't over do things, don't make the common mistake of thinking you have to eat for two, don't... Hey. Sorry. Getting a little carried away, there! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Faerie@Aug 16 2004, 02:24 PM

WE'RE HAVING A BOY!!! YAY!!!! A future little RM tee hee heee

Geez, the kid hasn't even been born, and already his mother has decided which religion he will belong to, and what he's going to be doing between the ages of 19 and 21. That poor kid. :(

Originally posted by bat@Aug 16 2004, 07:08 PM

Geez, the kid hasn't even been born, and already his mother has decided which religion he will belong to, and what he's going to be doing between the ages of 19 and 21. That poor kid. :(

is there something in your personality that compels you to just be rude and beligerent?

yes, my children will be raised LDS..that's kind of the point of being an LDS family...and i EXPECT my children to serve missions just as i EXPECT my children to get straight a's, full scholarships to the college of their choosing, marry in the temple and live long and happy lives...

if they don't, they don't...but i will raise them with my expectations, just as every single parent on this earth does...that's part of parenting...

matt...when EVERY reply he makes to my posts is rude and sarcastic, i stop finding it funny..i posted joyous news w/ a funny comment about a future RM and instead of simply saying "hey congrats!! a boy how wonderful!!" he has to insult the choices i will be making as a parent...

Well, see... there are some of us who remember what it was like being viewed as Mormon cannon fodder.

I was flavour of the month (heck, the flavour of whole years!!!) until it became clear that, owing to a minor physical problem caused by a motorbike crash that I wasn't going to go on a mission.

Then I was dropped like... well, just like someone who wasn't going on a mission. Sad, but that was the reality. :(

So, some people who post here might not think: "Oh, how sweet!" They'd think: "Poor kid." Just my opinion.

I don't think it's cool to decide for your children what they are going to do for 2 years of their ADULT lives for them, especially before they are even born. I was expected to go on a mission too. SCREW THAT! I was perfectly capable of making my own decision about the matter, and having brainwashed religious nutcase lunatics telling me that I was expected to go on a mission ticked me off. If you want a mission served so badly, go on one yourself and let the young adults make that decision for themselves without guilt tripping them into it. I am disgusted. Bad Fairy.

Originally posted by Faerie@Aug 16 2004, 02:24 PM

WE'RE HAVING A BOY!!! YAY!!!! A future little RM tee hee heee

They can tell whether or not an unborn child will be a RM with ultrasounds now? They sure have improved on the breeding process. It's a modern medical marvel, I tell ya.

Originally posted by Faerie+Aug 16 2004, 07:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Faerie @ Aug 16 2004, 07:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bat@Aug 16 2004, 07:08 PM

Geez, the kid hasn't even been born, and already his mother has decided which religion he will belong to, and what he's going to be doing between the ages of 19 and 21.  That poor kid.  :(

is there something in your personality that compels you to just be rude and beligerent?

yes, my children will be raised LDS..that's kind of the point of being an LDS family...and i EXPECT my children to serve missions just as i EXPECT my children to get straight a's, full scholarships to the college of their choosing, marry in the temple and live long and happy lives...

if they don't, they don't...but i will raise them with my expectations, just as every single parent on this earth does...that's part of parenting...

Congrats.......

This is your first? Hey, we all have high hopes and expectations for our children. Truth be known, those get dashed in real life. There are always disappointments, both on the part of the child AND the parents.

Just take it one day at a time, what happens, happens. Bat is right when he says that you can't tell an adult child what to do anymore...if you do that you will surely lose them.

Marsha

Originally posted by Faerie@Aug 17 2004, 08:40 AM

meh...changed my mind...will just have to learn to completely skip over bat's posts in the future...

Oh, thank goodness!! We'ld all hate to see you leave.

Originally posted by lindy9556@Aug 16 2004, 09:00 PM

A baby boy! How fun......now you can get sprayed in the face like the rest of us did with little boys :)

---------------------------------------------------

Ray Posted on Aug 17 2004, 06:48 AM

OOOOH YUCK !!!!

You call that a happy thought?

Yes as a matter of fact I do! I remember laughing! :)

I think that every mother will remember laughing.... :lol: