Well, I've decided to attend church tomorrow. I'm excited and very nervous - but from everything I've read it seems I have nothing to worry about :) I still have not talked to a missionary in person but I expect I'll meet someone when I go. haha hope they don't give me the boot :eek:

Is there anyone I should introduce myself to when I arrive? Any formalities a visitor must go through? I've been told to arrive a little early to get a seat.

Also, I've been reading Gospel Principles so I think I'm a little more informed. But between that and what I've read here about the Sabbath... I think we're not supposed to cause others to work. I don't drive (gave up the car 6 years ago) ... is it ok to take transit? Or is it better I invest in a bike or just walk? I want to do things the right way.

Thanks everyone!

You can take public transit. Many people do throughout the world. Many walk too. Once you get to know people at church I am sure someone will offer you a ride.

When you arrive I would ask who the Bishop or Branch President is. Where there office is and introduce yourself.

Suggest you wear your Sunday best to church. If that is jeans and a t-shirt then it is. If something better then do. You will not be turned away.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ben Raines

Well, it was a great experience. Everyone made me feel very welcome and I've met some very nice people. I attended all three meetings - I think I enjoyed the second part the most - Gospel Principles. I've been reading this online on my own and it was very interesting to hear others talk about the lesson. Hymns were "hard" for me but still very relaxing. Since I never sing, I felt as though I was mumbling and constantly clearing my throat haha. But it was nice.

I met a nice missionary who gave me a Book of Mormon to study on my own. I'm going to meet with missionaries on Saturday. I wish it were sooner but it hard to schedule during the week with work and family. I'm looking forward to that as well as the next meeting on Sunday.

To sum it up: can't wait to go back :D

I am so glad it all went well! It was the new tie!!! I am sure it made the perfect impression. :) And I am glad you found people to talk to as well as finding a missionary.

Thanks for sharing!!! And best wishes for your Sat meeting. I hope you get answers to your questions and feel the Holy Spirit teach you what you want to know.