LDS.net.NFL

Captain_Curmudgeon

Would you participate in an LDS.net.NFL picking contest?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in an LDS.net.NFL picking contest?

hey cap'n! how much money with it cost us to play this game?

Zero, zip, nada. It's completely free and if you live in the Trib/DNews circulation area (aka Utah), you can win prizes every week and at the end. Almost won the end of year prize last year (dang those Giants).

Later. There are also prizes for everyone living everywhere. In fact, the local prizes may have been eliminated.

Edited by Captain_Curmudgeon
More info

Just you and I, Cap'n??

I would have said "Just you and me, Sioux (which in my family, we pronounce SIGH ox)." "You and I" is, of course, correct.

(I don't see anything in your profile to indicate that you're an English major, but you do read a lot and that's almost as good.)

While I'm thinking about it, here is a link to the site (old style):

UtahFantasySports.com: Pro Football

so curious people can find out all about it and register.

Naturally,

R.O.

PS. Wow! The forum looked up the link title and used it instead of the raw link.

So would we set up a private group for us and we would just be competing against each other?

Yes, although there are over-all rankings and prizes and like that. When you go to the private group, you see only the members in the groups and their standings relative to one another. You have a tiny message board and you can compare your picks with the other members and stuff like that.

You can belong to any number (including none) of private groups once you register with the site.

After that I get too confused as to who's on what team and the different passwords.

I seem to recall that once you've joined a private group, you get to it without having to know the password. I stay logged on to the main site all season, so I only have to remember my site password once.;)

Where does the money come for these prizes if it is free?

Newspaper Agency Corp. I seem to recall that some of the prizes are gift certificates and the providers get a free plug on the site. I'm old enough to remember when they'd give you greeting cards or dishes or something if you agreed to take the paper.

Have you registered, Pam? If they charge you anything or even want your credit card number, don't give it to them. Maybe you'll get an e-mail urging you to subscribe to the Trib AND the DNews. The two newspapers have their banners around on the site and if you click them, you will go to Newspapers' web-sites.

Hi all,

I've got the LDS.net.NFL private group set up on UtahFantasySports (aka the Trib and the DNews). Click here and you'll go to the site where you can login or register.

Once you're registered, send me a message and I'll message back the group name (it's LDS.net.NFL) and the password (hint, if you want to try without the message: who is a mutual friend here on the forum of ALL of us? OK, her name all in lower case).

Naturally,

R.O.

PS. There were 6 charter members to whom I have sent the password.

Edited by Captain_Curmudgeon
Remove inside joke which was for charter members only