good ideas needed

lovemykids

I could use some good ideas for family home evenings...we are trying to get back into the habit (we have not done so good recently), and I am struggling with new and fun things to do to keep the little ones interested (as well as the husband):lol:...

Anyways, does anyone have any good ideas? I have three little girls (6,4, and 2)...so it has to be their age appropriate...

I appreciate any ideas...Thanks in advance!!!

I could use some good ideas for family home evenings...we are trying to get back into the habit (we have not done so good recently), and I am struggling with new and fun things to do to keep the little ones interested (as well as the husband):lol:...

Anyways, does anyone have any good ideas? I have three little girls (6,4, and 2)...so it has to be their age appropriate...

I appreciate any ideas...Thanks in advance!!!

do you use the Friend.....that would be a great way....or get some of the Book of Mormon stories on DVD etc...

Hey if you would like them...I have many family home evening packages for kids your ages. I've held onto them but my kids have outgrown them. I'd be happy to mail them to you if you would like. I got them when I belonged to a group that put together packages. Pm me if interested.

I take my boys to the park. We read a story from the Friend and then talk a little about it as we are playing. My boys are 7 and 5 and they love the time we spend together more then anything else. It doesn't matter what you do as long as 2 things happen.

1. You are together

2. You have fun.

If you do these things then whatever you teach them will stick with them. I still remember some of the best times I had growing up where I learned the most was when the family was simply together having fun.

When my kids were your age..we did a FHE on bad words and how they affect us as a family. For the age words such as stupid, dumb, etc etc etc. We wrote these words on strips of papers...talked about how we need to bury these words and how they aren't good and hinder good family relations. So we actually dug a small hole in the backyard and buried the strips of paper.

This may sound like a silly idea, but what the heck.

Build a sailboat or a rowboat together. There are lots of free plans for these on the internet and it's often something that a family could do together. It will take more than one Monday evening, of course, but you might be surprised at just how fast the work actually goes.

And after that, the family has a small boat they can stick on top of the car or on a small trailer and take to the lake.

But like I said, it's a weird idea.

LDS Clipart, Activity Ideas, Object Lessons, Lesson Helps, Talks and more! - Leadership Help for Primary, Young Women, Relief Society, Seminary, and FHE

Great site! I use it when I need something fun for Sharing Time. Sometimes I don't always find what I'm looking for but it may get my mind thinking and coming up with something.

You'll have a harder time with the husband LOL, just kidding!:rolleyes:;):D

hi I don´t belong to LDS chuch but here are some ideas that could be used. I don´t have children of my own, but I have a niece and I spend time with her. You could think up themes and build the evenings around those for a month or longer or have a basic theme for a year and do different things each month.

During fall time it would be easy to talk about preparness and then take your children to pick berries or mushrooms.

You could talk about being obidient and tell them a story of Noa and how he build a big ship all tough some made fun of him and then you could build a ship together or your children could drow one.

childrenbibles and other books have basic stories that could be used as a story first and later the older kids could act the stories for you. Also older kids might find it fun to have more saing what they want to do with that family time.

With small children its not so much what you do with then during that time as long they know this is their family time when mommy and daddy spend time just with them.

You could find or make with your children bible and BoM puzzles. (Print pictures you can colore with your children then glue them to cardboar and cut )

Think about the church year and what would be good in that sense. Christmast is coming and teling the kids a story about christmastree while or before decorating it coud be fun (how we are happy that Jesus was born and we like to show that in this tree and make up stories about different decorations like agels told the happy new to the sheppards and then place angels and etc on the tree. And you can make decorations with them

Or you could start building a family (I dont know the correct word in English) where Jesus was born and first time build the site then animals and add to it untill you can place the Jesus

Board games are also good with older children. You can make your own from bible stories or memorygames

making a familybook could be fan where you first go with the family and take pictures of everybody alone and together and then you glue them to a book and let the kids write/tell good things and stories about that person and make them as a book.

Also making your kids telling you stories from pictures and maybe wrinting them down for a family storybook.

If anybody wants more ideas just ask. I dont know how all these work but I have done some of these with my niece (she is 5 years old)