FAMILY names with matching initial

georgia2

I quite like it gives you a family identity my brother and I both had my Mother's maiden name as our middle name. I did know a family all Ms apparently first 3 just happened as they were named after people the last 2 were planned.

With my kids they all have a Hebrew base to their name and a Greek connection and a family middle name -

Elana Clare, Gabriel MacRae and next one will be Iris Elizabeth or Isaac Wright.

-Charley

My family sort of did a similar naming system. There are 10 kids in the family, but 6 of us have "ee" in our names:

Paulee, Treena, Cindee, Kimberlee, Sallee, Jamee

It's not really the same thing, but it's kinda fun to tell people...

Poor Jeffrey, Steven, Angela, and Danny. Really no way to add "ee" without making it too weird. Haha

Edited by JameeKaye
Thought of something else

Would make it easy to sort out the monogrammed towels now wouldn't it?!

hahaha, good point Honor. I'll have to bring that up to the some day. :lol: They were not mongrammed towel type people. Hmmmm, Honor, it must have been nice to grow up rich!

My sister actually ended up doing this sort of thing with her family. She married a Tongan and their children are named: Tia, Hika, Ana, Hama, Ema.

She actually didn't notice the similarities in the names until she named her 6th and 7th children Lani and Kakalosi and her children protested that it didn't fit with their names.

It would be interesting to see what a stranger thought of the similaries. As my nieces and nephews, I've always thought of them as individuals - but then I've known them all since birth.

hahaha, good point Honor. I'll have to bring that up to the some day. :lol: They were not mongrammed towel type people. Hmmmm, Honor, it must have been nice to grow up rich!

HAHA Yes such a hard life to have to keep my HJM towels away from my siblings who were always trying to steal them. :D

Realistically, our house was the type where once we were all teenagers, we wore the same size socks, but my brother would horde them all. In an effort to distribute them evenly, we started writing our initial on the bottom of them and I'd scramble to the dryer to make sure I could grab all my H socks before someone else did. It was a hard knock life! ;)

How do you decide what name of person they look like at birth? What if I named my first child Dave and then when the second boy came along I decided he looked like a Dave too?

If you're confused, you could go formal and call them by their last name, calling them brother or sister so-and-so. I know a lot of people who do that.

Well I think your daughter would have a hard time with the name of Dave. :lol: