Lakers

Dr T

We faced up against the Championship Mavs for the last time today. Bynum's double-double of 23 points and 16 rebounds helped us sweeped them this season with a 112-108 win. It had to go to OT to win as we played at home without Kobe playing again. Ramon Sessions scored 22 points and Pau had 20. Pau hit two huge 3's in OT. We get the Spurs next on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m WTG Lakers!

Bynum news from Lakers.com

Andrew Bynum has been named the Western Conference Players of the Week for games played Monday, April 9, through Sunday, April 15. Bynum led the Lakers to a 4-0 week behind averages of 21.8 points, a league-best 16.3 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 1.5 blocks.

We have SAS up tonight. Kobe will not play again tonight. This will be his 6th straight but we are doing well and really showing we can play ball. Tonight we try for our fourth consecutive win over the visiting Spurs and a fifth straight victory overall as these first-place teams square off for the second time in seven days.

Since falling 125-105 at Phoenix on April 7, Pacific Division-leading Los Angeles (39-22) has won four in a row - including Wednesday's 98-84 victory at San Antonio (43-16). Metta World Peace posted a season-high 26 points in that game while Andrew Bynum added 16 to go along with a career-high 30 rebounds.

"They played great and beat us to death," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "There's nothing else you can say about it."

from Lakers.com

• 2 weeks later...

I was away on a 10 day vacation in LA. I'm back now and we have played our first game in the post season. Ron Artest is out for a bunch of games for knocking Harden out with an elbow "in celebration of a slam dunk". While I was gone. in our first game vs. Denver (from Lakers.com)

Andrew Bynum posted a triple-double (10 points, 13 rebounds, 10 blocks) and tied the NBA playoff record for blocks as the Lakers beat the Nuggets in Game 1 103-88 Sunday. Kobe Bryant scored 31 while Pau Gasol added 13 points, eight rebounds and eight assists. Game 2 is Tuesday in LA

Keep it up boys!

Last night vs. Nuggets we led the whole time. We we up 19 points at one point but they are a fast moving team and move up quickly. Kobe was on fire. At the end Kobe ended with 38 points and Bynum had a career-high 27 with 9 rebounds to win with a 104-100 total. Pau had a double-double and Ramon Sessions had 14. We switch to Denver this Friday.

In our 84-99 loss last game the Nuggets came out very stong in the first quarter and in the 3rd we picked it up to make it a game. In the 4th their speed took us out. We play our 4th game in Denver today. Go Lakers. I hope to take this one in their house and open our lead in this series.

Last night, game 4 of this first round, back in Denver, we were able to play and good back and forth game and get the victory so we now sit in a 3-1 lead and come back home for the 5th and I hope the last game to move on to face OKC. We hit two big 3s at the end to widen the lead. We did no allow as many second chance points and that really helped with the win tonight. Miller had a double double and we had 6 players in double digits. Keep it up Lakers!

Game 5 last night vs. Denver.

Kobe Bryant knocked down five 3-pointers in route to 43 points and Andrew Bynum (16 points, 11 rebounds) recorded a double-double in the Lakers' 102-99 Game 5 loss to the Nuggets at home Tuesday night. Matt Barnes chipped in for 11 points, Pau Gasol pulled down 10 rebounds and Ramon Sessions had six assists.

from Lakers.com We looked very flatfooted tonight. We tried to pick it up in the 4th but came up short. We need to return to Denver on Thursday. We have two more chances to finish them off. I dont want to have such a hard time the Thunder are waiting for us to finish that they are tough enough. Go LAKERS!

From here Lakers.com

Lakers guard Kobe Bryant missed Thursday morning’s shootaround ahead of Game 6 with gastroenteritis. We’ll know more about his status for the contest this evening about 90 minutes before tip off when the team’s PR staff or head coach Mike Brown provides an update on his condition.

From the get go, we were spanked. We stareted off with tons of missed shots and they were on fire. Kobe, was sick but played anyway. He had IV before and at half to keep hydrated. Kobe scored 31 points and Ramon Sessions had 14 but the Lakers fell 113-96 in Denver last night.

Bynum added 11 points and 16 rebounds as Jordan Hill supplied eight points and six rebounds. The Lakers now look to wrap up the series in Game 7 on Saturday

from lakers.com. I think they know they can beat us so when we come back home we still need to put in the work, Kobe needs to pass, we need to crash the boards and limit their 2nd chance points. If we get to the next round will have a lot of trouble too.

We are now in a one game series with Denver. We come back home to finish the series. The've beat us back to back and had their way with us. We show a glimpse of getting back in the game and they kept squashing us with quick up and down ball. We'll see if we can come off and play hard from the get go. We'll see what adding Artest back into the lineup does. Let's knock this one out and then meet the Thunder. GO LAKERS!

We were up 16 at one point in the 7th and last game of this series only to have them catch up and take the lead. This game was anxiety producing at times. My boys move onto the next road with a 96-87 victory over the Nuggets. Ron Artest and Pau came to play tonight, we had 5 players in double digits and Kobe facilitated a lot more tonight. I'm happy top move on. We face up with OKC starting on Monday at 7:30 PT. Wait, maybe it's on Tueday

Round two starts tonight for my boys. OKC swept the first round and have been resting waiting on our first 7 games. I'm not sitting comfortably with our chances. The schedule on round two is a tough one. We play two there, come home to play back to back game (one day apart) and we are playing on tired legs. Plus they are a great team. We can do it but it will be tough for us. Go LAKERS!

I watched the first half of tonight's game and was pleased with what I saw. I took one son for his birthday diner and see that we lost in the last seconds on this game. :( We pick up again on Friday in LA. I hope we see we can beat these guys and take care of it.

Andrew Bynum (20 points, nine rebounds) and the Lakers fell in the closing seconds in Game 2 77-75 to fall to 0-2 in the series on the road Wednesday night. Kobe Bryant notched 20 points and four steals while Pau Gasol added 14 points and 11 rebounds. Game 3 is Friday in L.A.

from Lakers.com

We had 6 players in double digits. Kobe put down 36 points in our 99-96 game three victory tonight. Bryant, who made all 18 of his foul shots, also finished with seven rebounds and six assists. Bynum had 15 points and 11 boards. We had 42 freethrows and we only missed one. :) I woud much rather be sitting in a 2-1 Lakers lead right now but we let the previous game get away from us. We play again tomorrow and I hope I have good news to report after that game. GO LAKERS!

Congratulations to Pau Gasol, the 2011-12 recipient of the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award. Gasol becomes the fourth Laker to win the award since it began in the 74-75 season (Michael Cooper 85-86, Magic Johnson 91-92, Metta World Peace 10-11). Great job helping others off the court as much as you help your teammates on the court Pau!

from lakers.colm

Pau is a quality guy. :) Good job Pau

Last game I was at mu kids dance recital, check my phone in the 3rd and we were sitting pretty. We went to grab some food and by the time I checked, it was at the very end and they won 103-100. My heart sank! We play OKC again tonight in OKC. We have been able to play well against them but keep coming up short. I hope we do what is needed. We still need 3 wins or this season is over for us. :(\

Kobe Bryant poured in 38 points but the Lakers couldn't hold off the Thunder, falling 103-100 at the Staples Center on Saturday night. Andrew Bynum had 18 points with nine rebounds. Los Angeles trails Oklahoma City 3-1 in the series.

Lakers.com

This was an early exit for my boys. :( Kobe scored 42 points, Pau had 14 points and 16 boards and Ron put in 11. We were in foul trouble very early. We lost to the Thunder 106-90. The Thunder are a tough team. I'm sad. :(