Suing Good Samaritans! Yeah, that's a good idea. . .

ruthiechan

Have you all seen that yahoo video? It's a featured video when you go to yahoo.com right now. Someone wants to sue a fellow for helping her out because she was "treated like a rag doll" and that's why she became a paraplegic...

If the details the media have given are accurate, and the co-worker really thought she was in imminent danger because the car was going to catch on fire, then I would have done the same thing the co-worker did.

I would also hope that, despite the lawsuit, I would continue to know I had done the right thing given the information I had at the time. However, I doubt I would be able to do so.

I suspect there is much we don't know. But what a tragedy this is all the way around.

Elphaba

Honestly, if someone were to sue me because I helped them out in a life or death situation, then I would counter-sue them for emotional turmoil and physical threat to my life. Let us see how people like this lady would feel when the good samaritans turn the table and start counter-suing them for cause an endangerment to life. If they can sue us, then we by law ought to sue them because of their own cause of danger.