What is the cost to serve a mission?

KenTheRealtor

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That answered my question. Can't in proselyting missions but can they serve humanitarian missions, service missions etc? Widowers I mean. Getting confusing as to what group we are talking about here. lol

I'm wondering what kids are doing with all their money that they can't sock away a couple hundred bucks a month. I was making a thousand dollars a month at sixteen working at McDonald's. I spent some money on car insurance, gas and my cell phone bill. Occasionally went shopping, but I usually had about five hundred dollars at the end of each month that I could put in savings.

Same applied with college, I was making three thousand a month working at a different McDonald's my first year of college. I paid all of my own bills, ate out several times a week and went to events with friends. Even had enough to buy a new car. Still I had money to save back.

What in the heck are kids buying anymore that seems so impossible to save for a mission? It seems like I was constantly buying stuff back then, but I still had money to save. Too bad I wasn't a member at the time.

I think some people will find any reason they can find to excuse themselves from a mission. When really the only excuse they need is "i'm not mature enough for it right now". That answer would go over a LOT better than "leik omg hows i appposed to afford dis?!?!?"