Old but new

JeanieV

The records are showing I haven't posted on here, yet have 5 responses to whatever I had written in past months that I don't remember writing, so am kind of starting over. Anyway - live in GA now as my husband is military but grew up in Southern IL where I joined the church when I was 15. Just came back from visiting, in fact, and it is always like going back in time. I also lived in the St. Louis area as a kid. I went off to Dixie College in St. George when 19 before it was Dixie State. Got my associate's there and went to BYU a semester. Transferred to Steven's Henager Business college to another Assoc. program (dumb) to go into Administrative Med. Assisting instead of nursing. (Dumb again). Anyway - now I'm close to being an empty nester (and Grandma!!!! :D ) and have been subbing at my daughter's high school the past few years. Love it - fills a void - so am going to finally finish my degree in teaching - special ed - I believe.

Have 2 daughters. One is married to an Idahoan who was just here. They both go to BYU-I and my baby is a SR so will go there, too, next year. That's the plan anyway. BTW, we've also lived in WA state, Virginia twice, Kansas, Alaska and now here.

I married a fellow who was changing over from being a literal rock star. (Auditioned for KISS the year before we met). He also had played on a hit record in Skylark, "Wildflower" with David Foster, played with Ambrosia, a band in FL that later became Quiet Riot and played with Vince Gill's now drummer among many others. He gave it up and joined the army so now rocks the troops in a manner more becoming his age (most of the time...but its a worthy cause) and is about to retire from that and likely become a teacher. Not sure....

We've had a rocky past few years. I've never been inactive, but this past year is the closest I've come to it. Partly cause our ward shares a building with 2 other wards and we started going at 8:30 which was hard (now its afternoon) but its also been a couple of years of testing for me with husband also struggling, losing my kid to a guy we didn't even know till this past couple of weeks, my only LDS family (in-laws) issues and just plain old hurt feelings at times. I feel like this year is going to be a new fresh beginning though. I also lost my brother and grandmother literally a year to the day of eachother (off by one day - Grandma died 3-26-06 and then brother 3-27-07). Jeff was 48... I was depressed, I think, and my mom hasn't done well since so its been a lot of loss to deal with but I'm coming back all the way around and have much to be grateful for. Looking forward to a new year of doing much better spiritually and healthwise in every other area.

I'm busy and just got a Facebook I'm enjoying but thought I'd look into this "community" too to help me feel more connected while I try to do it live with my ward as well.

Hello Jeanie; WELCOME (again) :)

Recovering from the loss of loved ones is a trying time, even when it is after a long illness and/or due to age. I lost my mother and father this year. I have gone through my bouts of being depressed and lost. My heart goes out to you.

I am in south-east Ga., what area are you in? I am also on Facebook; it is interesting, but I am on here more. I, also, look forward to getting to know you.

No matter what ever happens in this life, never go inactive. I think most of us one time or another made that journey of despair in not allowing the Spirit to commune with us during hard trials only to face being outside of GOD.

We do welcome your already posted comments and do enjoy your presence here on the forum.

Jeanie Welcome back!!

Remember following the commandments no matter how rocky the road may seem brings great blessings!!

I am deeply sorry about your trials and will pray for you, but please do not be inactive. remember your heavenly father loves you and your family and you are part of his wonderful plan.

God bless you all!!

Hello Jeanie; WELCOME (again) :)

Recovering from the loss of loved ones is a trying time, even when it is after a long illness and/or due to age. I lost my mother and father this year. I have gone through my bouts of being depressed and lost. My heart goes out to you.

I am in south-east Ga., what area are you in? I am also on Facebook; it is interesting, but I am on here more. I, also, look forward to getting to know you.

Hi TrueGrits! Thank you for your kind response. Sometimes you feel like as a Mormon we're not supposed to be depressed cause of what we know and understand about life after death and we do understand that, but grief is still completely normal and healthy, actually! I live in the metro Atlanta area - they include us with the weather : ) but its about 30 mins. from the airport off I-85.

Hello and welcome back....:)

Thank you. I love your little palerider image. Did I mention I too grew up in IL and also Missouri? Its where most of my family still is. None are members, though. I use to go to a singles ward in St. Louis when it was still legal to shoot a Mormon :o

Jeanie Welcome back!!

Remember following the commandments no matter how rocky the road may seem brings great blessings!!

I am deeply sorry about your trials and will pray for you, but please do not be inactive. remember your heavenly father loves you and your family and you are part of his wonderful plan.

God bless you all!!

Thank you. I still keep the commandments..... And I went Sunday. New year and later time. I'm determined. Its a little uncomfortable but going to hang in there....

Oh, Hey! It's a (another) fellow member from that's spent time in the St. George area! Nice to meet you!

Thank you! You too. I loved St. George. It was my first UT experience. The first dance I went to at Dixie I got flashed outside in the parking lot!! :huh::huh: Really loved it, though. If I'd gone to BYU first it would've been total culture shock.

My daughter use to play cello. (Husband is a professional guitar player). I play nothing but love music.