I Guess Its Different Now

Palerider

Did Hemi get this right?

No.

Obama's presidential campaign spent $513,557,218, McCain spent 346,666,422.

It's still a huge amount of money; however, it should be pointed out there is a direct correlation between how much a candidate spends, i.e., the more s/he spends, the more likely s/he will win.

A couple of key points:

1) Obama's average donation to his presidential campaign was $200.00.

2) He did not accept any lobbyists or PAC money.

3) He refused the federal government's presidential funds set aside for presidential campaigns.

4) McCain only spent $346, because that's all he could raise, and much of his funds came from the wealthy and corporate executives.

5) It is ridiculous to criticize a president because he won the race. Obama's campaign was almost lawless, and it was paid for by every day people who wanted to make sure he won.

Elphaba

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would find the source but time is limited right now. Sorry....I do get it but it the amount what I saw was greater that is being presented.

Actually, Hemi, I think we're both wrong, but I'm the wrongest.

Obama raised $745 million, and reportedly has $30 million left. Thus, he spent $715 million.

:notworthy:

Elphaba

Ah ha!

I was looking for an old post of mine, and when I read this one, I about died. :eek:

I always suspected no one actually reads my posts, at least not in their entirety, which is understandable since I always write the next Great American Novel.

But now I have proof positive!

I have copied and pasted this from my original post, with no changes:

5) It is ridiculous to criticize a president because he won the race. Obama's campaign was almost lawless, and it was paid for by every day people who wanted to make sure he won.

Did you catch it?

I will choose to look at this as a learning moment. :blush:

Elphaba