Question???? (its a good one too) :D

Mel, I will be up-front. I just read through your original post, and the last page.

You asked how we reconcile our belief in Spirit Prison with the Bible, when it is clearly mentioned, and our beliefs fit within the restricted information we have in the Bible. Look up the Orthodox Jewish doctrine of Sheol, and you will find something very similar to our beliefs, so what we believe must be reconcilable in Jewish scripture. What of the mention of Baptisms for the Dead? Bible bashing is not effective in person, and it is even less so on the Internet.

You asked how we reconcile our beliefs with the Bible, and this we have done. Is that not good enough for you? We have living Prophets to receive revelation, what you would call Scripture, direct from God. There is no middleman, no council to choose what should be in the Bible,and what should not, no body of elected or bought men to decide doctrine. Ours comes from God, take it or leave it.

Yes, it actually was good enough...until someone decided to ask what i thought of the verse. As i said before, i never would have said anything about what i thought but i was asked. and then i responded to the replies to my post. so if you don't like it that i said anything, why don't you tell that to the person who asked me what i thought of 1 peter 3. I'm not going to keep my mouth shut when asked

I am for sure not bible bashing, I feel like that comment came out of nowhere. i have absolutely no idea what you are talking about on that one. would you clarify please?

With regard to prophets, how do you tell which prophets are of God and which ones aren't?

how do actually know which prophets are from God?

Do you have a better understanding of what we believe, and why we believe it?

Do you understand the role that modern revelation plays in our belief system?

Are you able to let us have our own beliefs?

I am sorry that you feel the Bible bashing quote came out of nowhere, but often when discussing scripture and conflicting beliefs, it turns to bashing, especially when one side or the other is dogmatic in their views.

Elgama is correct, we find out the validity of a Prophet by asking God.

Yes, it actually was good enough...until someone decided to ask what i thought of the verse. As i said before, i never would have said anything about what i thought but i was asked. and then i responded to the replies to my post. so if you don't like it that i said anything, why don't you tell that to the person who asked me what i thought of 1 peter 3. I'm not going to keep my mouth shut when asked

I am for sure not bible bashing, I feel like that comment came out of nowhere. i have absolutely no idea what you are talking about on that one. would you clarify please?

With regard to prophets, how do you tell which prophets are of God and which ones aren't?

how do actually know which prophets are from God?

I know I am not a part of this conversation but I would like you to know I have no problem with you stating what you know about a verse or even what your feelings are about a particular verse;-)

As for "how do actually know which prophets are from God?"

Well,

The Bible prophets who God introduced introduced new prophets.

Elijah and Elisha for instance.

In the New Testament Each New Apostle who had athority from God was introduced by an earlier Apostle.

As was Paul who was also a prophet as were the earlier Apostles who were given authority and introduced by Jesus who was introduced by John;-)

Joseph Smith was given authoriy by Peter, James, and John & John.

Introduced by God and Angels in this Latter Day.

Each new prophet was given this same authority and introduced to the world.

That is how you can "know which prophets are from God?";-)

Bro. Rudick

To the original question ... I have a question.

Why wouldn't the Savior literally go to the spirits in prison? Those that had died were waiting for the atonement just as we were in the our pre-existant state. It makes sense that he would want to go to them ... as He did to the people on the Americas and the lost tribes ... He was gathering His sheep.

Sorry I guess for me it is all very very simple and straight forward ... He loves us, He knows us, He knows our names .... He sweat blood to make sure that every possible way was open for us to return to Him ... why would he leave the people in spirit prison out?