1 Nephi 14:1

pam

An angel tells Nephi of the blessings and cursings to fall upon the Gentiles—There are only two churches: the Church of the Lamb of God and the church of the devil—The saints of God in all nations are persecuted by the great and abominable church—The apostle John shall write concerning the end of the world. Between 600 and 592 B.C.

1 Nephi 14

1 And it shall come to pass, that if the Gentiles shall hearken unto the Lamb of God in that day that he shall manifest himself unto them in word, and also in power, in very deed, unto the taking away of their stumbling blocks—

Quote for Discussion

The stumbling block spoken of by the angel appeared to be of two types: (1) the ignorance and uncertainty which came as a result of the loss of the plain and precious truths from the Bible; and (2) the Book of Mormon and the message of the Restoration themselves which would serve as stumbling blocks to the impenitent and hard-hearted of the latter days. In the meridian of time Paul wrote: “We preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness” (1 Corinthians 1:23).

Millet & McConkie, BOM Commentary, Vol. 1, p. 106<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

One story in the Book of Mormon that always amazes me is Laman and Lemuel. They were visited by an Angel but yet they still murmured against their father. Same with those in modern times. Those that have had spiritual experiences confirming things are true but yet still turn away.

This is the part that is so sad to me......People who hear the gospel and turn their backs and even sadder are those who heard and believed and then turned away.

Last Sunday, one of the Missionaries stopped me before leaving, explaining they had a lengthy conversion with a prior church member who had his name removed from the church roles. As I begin to listen at what they conversed with this man, I felt the anguish of the soul for that man. He has no idea what will befall him after crossing the veil. It will be far worse for him than a murderer. A murderer who repents will be judge prior to these people.

I explained to them, for him to return after crossing veil, he would be next to the last ones to be seen by the missionaries due to his status of membership but rejected it. Even those who had that status of election made sure and refuse to repent, will also be joining them and are the last ones to be judged. Lucifer will be judge before these two groups of people. At that moment when I converse with the missionaries, I felt the Holy Ghost bear witnessed of this issue. Even the missionaries felt it. My suggestion to them is to help him back to the church.

Now, we have members in the church who are one presentable image for Sunday and then Monday through Saturday, it is entirely different. The same ones I do see are very active in the church attend their meetings, and the temple. What guarantee them a Celestial glory? Unless the Lord has made it known they are sealed, then would be cautious of not thinking it will happen. The Lord will not be tolerant for His members to act any different from Sunday versus the rest of the week.