The Tsunami Disaster

pushka

I know I don't come here very often these days, sometimes I just browse the topics to see what is being discussed but don't contribute anything, but it surprises me to see that there isn't 1 discussion of the Christmas Day tragedy in South East Asia!!

Has anyone here given a thought to all those poor people and their suffering? Offered up any prayers or practical help of any kind? Or are you all too busy discussing what lovely Christmas presents you received and whether or not the B.O.M. is truthful or not?

I can't believe it, really I can't...I'm astounded! :o

Originally posted by pushka@Dec 30 2004, 04:32 PM

I know I don't come here very often these days, sometimes I just browse the topics to see what is being discussed but don't contribute anything, but it surprises me to see that there isn't 1 discussion of the Christmas Day tragedy in South East Asia!!

Has anyone here given a thought to all those poor people and their suffering? Offered up any prayers or practical help of any kind? Or are you all too busy discussing what lovely Christmas presents you received and whether or not the B.O.M. is truthful or not?

Meaning that unless people publically post on a religious message board about it that they haven't offered up prayers or practical help?

Maybe I am slow or something - how does that logic work? Or are you too busy discussing lovely Christmas presents to explain.

I am rotounded!

Originally posted by pushka@Dec 30 2004, 05:32 PM

what about the millions of homeless animals that are put to sleep because people cant breed responsibly or maintain a good fence?!?!?!?!!? :o

:lol::P:lol::P

Originally posted by pushka@Dec 30 2004, 05:32 PM

It's very hard to know who says a silent prayer for those who need it. I thought it was in the scriptures somewhere that prayers should be kept private, so not to draw attention to oneself.

Fear not, Pushka, I'm sure that prayers have been given from many board members, for those who died in the disaster, and for those who lost friends and family.

Guest TheProudDuck

Originally posted by DisRuptive1@Dec 31 2004, 11:58 PM

Many people were killed. Any time spent reflection on one of those individual's lives would mean we'd have to do it for all of them and people are too lazy to find the time. Adolf Hitler said it best when he said:

"One death is a tragedy; a million is a statistic."

I thought that was Stalin. Will look it up.

Guest JRodan
Originally posted by TheProudDuck+Jan 3 2005, 12:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheProudDuck @ Jan 3 2005, 12:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DisRuptive1@Dec 31 2004, 11:58 PM

Many people were killed.  Any time spent reflection on one of those individual's lives would mean we'd have to do it for all of them and people are too lazy to find the time.  Adolf Hitler said it best when he said:

I thought that was Stalin. Will look it up.

Stalin

Answer this one question, and the primary problem facing America's animal rights movement will be solved: how can we bring the slaughter of ten billion animals a year into public consciousness? There's the famous quote from Stalin that, "One death is a tragedy. A million is a statistic." But what about a billion? Or ten billion? The numbers are so huge that they defy comparison. Comparison, that is, to everything but the holocaust.

http://www.erikmarcus.com/pages/article.php?id=779

Guest TheProudDuck

For definition of "obnoxious ingrate," see below, from Al Jazeera:

"The Americans have to understand our culture here," said Hilmy Bakar Almascaty, vice-chairman of the Jakarta-based Islamic Defenders Front, which is mobilising relief efforts of its own.

"If they are not sensitive to local issues then there will be problems. If American women come to Aceh, they must wear dilbab for example. There is Sharia law in Aceh and that is what is dictated."

USAid's Bok said it was unlikely US service personnel would adhere to a Muslim dresscode.

"I don't think the practice of Islam in Aceh is such that it forces all people to wear dilbab," said Weiss. "This is not Saudi Arabia."

A great bellowing Bleep-You to Mr. Hilmy Bakar Almascaty. If you want our help -- which you need -- you'll take us as we are. Which means you'll (horrors!) have to be faced with the spectacle of women who aren't treated as chattel.

I believe I owe you an apology...for this and for my replies in 2 other threads regarding the Tsunami...When I made my other replies I thought that this post had not appeared on the site as I got an error message when I posted it...so was not aware of any responses anybody had made. Sorry I didn't look at the Gospel forum for posts regarding the Tsunami either...

I know that it is better to keep your prayers private...I just thought that nobody on the site had mentioned the Tsunami disaster at all and so was appalled because it's been mentioned on just about every other site I've visited...

Originally posted by DisRuptive1@Dec 31 2004, 11:58 PM

Many people were killed. Any time spent reflection on one of those individual's lives would mean we'd have to do it for all of them and people are too lazy to find the time. Adolf Hitler said it best when he said:

What? Like anything Hitler said is worth #$%^&*(.

Originally posted by Cal+Jan 8 2005, 09:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cal @ Jan 8 2005, 09:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DisRuptive1@Dec 31 2004, 11:58 PM

Many people were killed.  Any time spent reflection on one of those individual's lives would mean we'd have to do it for all of them and people are too lazy to find the time.  Adolf Hitler said it best when he said:

How bout this:

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think."

or

"There could be no issue between the Church and the State. The Church, as such, has nothing to do with political affairs. On the other hand, the State has nothing to do with the faith or inner organization of the Church"

or

"The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes"

or maybe

"Man has become great through struggle"

Originally posted by Snow+Jan 8 2005, 10:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Jan 8 2005, 10:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Cal@Jan 8 2005, 09:29 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--DisRuptive1@Dec 31 2004, 11:58 PM

How bout this:

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think."

or

"There could be no issue between the Church and the State. The Church, as such, has nothing to do with political affairs. On the other hand, the State has nothing to do with the faith or inner organization of the Church"

or

"The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes"

or maybe

"Man has become great through struggle"

My point exactly---mostly %^&*(. For someone who practically claimed to be God, his little platitudes are just statements or misstatements of the obvious.