children's literature

i need to know two things....

first, what is your ALL-TIME favorite children's book and why?

(this one has two parts....favorite chapter book and favorite picture book)

second, what is your ALL-TIME favorite children's book author and why?

(note....your favorite book may not necessarily have been written by your favorite author)

my favourite book was Finishing School by Pamela Brown - it was about a girl who was in a Japanese Concentration camp, I am sure it didn't completely highlight the horrors but it did cover some of them but also portrayed the Japanese soldiers as human beings. I laughed, cried and was just engrossed. I liked her other books like Swish of the Curtain etc

my favourite author probably has to be Enid Blyton I mean really is there a better childhood author lol? 600+ books to her name covering every genre of kids literature.

I also really loved the Hardy Boys - had major crush on Frank until I realised I was 23 and he had never aged past 18 lol

-Charley

my favourite author probably has to be Enid Blyton I mean really is there a better childhood author lol? 600+ books to her name covering every genre of kids literature.

who couldn't love noddy! :)

I also really loved the Hardy Boys - had major crush on Frank until I realised I was 23 and he had never aged past 18 lol

have you ever read horatio alger? formulaic, but fun!

The Oddkins by dean Koontz.

It's filled with good morals,

It is aimed for kids but good enough to be enjoyed by adults.

It has great artwork, my father used to read it to me all the time as a child and it is a kids book by Dean Koontz, that speaks for itself.

It is a shame they stopped printing it.

I don't know my favorite children author. I never really read childrens books as a kid(Did a book report on Mario Puzos the Godfather if 5th grade) and I'm not to impressed with the stuff i read to the kids.

My favorite children's book right now is Bunnicula by James Howe. My daughter and I read it a few nights ago and it was almost non-stop giggling. How Chester the cat decided to deal with the maybe vampire bunny Bunnicula is absolutely hysterical.

My favorite author is Margaret Wise Brown, who wrote Goodnight Moon. She has a wonderful sense of pacing and meter, guaranteed to make any child sleepy within 10 minutes in a good way.

My favorite children's book right now is Bunnicula by James Howe. My daughter and I read it a few nights ago and it was almost non-stop giggling. How Chester the cat decided to deal with the maybe vampire bunny Bunnicula is absolutely hysterical.

i LOVE bunnicula! what a wonderful book to read with children....

Posted Image

My favorite author is Margaret Wise Brown, who wrote Goodnight Moon. She has a wonderful sense of pacing and meter, guaranteed to make any child sleepy within 10 minutes in a good way.

goodnight moon is one of my favorites as well...."goodnight nobody"???? what's up with that? :lol: great book....

Okay everyone..laugh if you must....but the books I loved as a kid were the Nancy Drew Mystery books. I think I read almost every single one. In fact I still own many of the original books I got as a child and that was a LONG time ago.

Okay everyone..laugh if you must....but the books I loved as a kid were the Nancy Drew Mystery books. I think I read almost every single one. In fact I still own many of the original books I got as a child and that was a LONG time ago.

there is no laughing from me....these are remarkable books and a wonderful peek into the culture of america at that time....good choice.

Guest missingsomething

When I was in elementary school.. I read all the Sweet Valley High books......

I love Pinkalicious by fancy nancy... my 4 yr old just LOVES it.

Another great one is Hippo-Not-amus by tony and jane payne. Its about a Hippo who decides he doesnt want to be a boring hippo anymore and tries to be something he's not. I use it to teach, You are special the way you are!

I also liked Calico Captive - by elizabeth george spear - about a girl who is taken captive by the Indians and sold to the French as a slave. She also wrote The Witch of Blackbird pond.

Finally -we like Five Monkeys Jumping on the Bed.

The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis is my favorite children's chapter book. Close on its heels is the Hank the Cowdog series...that author is a master of voice! Then Anne of Green Gables.

Favorite picture book? That's really hard...I LOVE picture books! Pig and Crow is a favorite, Bertie Was A Watchdog, anything by Graeme Base...

When I was a child, my favorite children's book author was Laura Ingalls Wilder.