March seems to be 'not eating at home month'

Guest Alana

Guest Alana

In the past we would usually get a pizza on Friday night and go out to lunch at a taqueria or something along those lines on Saturday.

This month though, we've been eating out soooo much. How often do you all eat out? Do you keep a food budget? I think we spend about $350 a month on food before eating out (the pizza usually is take and bake) but I'm not sure.

Anyone have good idea for tasty work lunches? Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just some new ideas... Hubby usually just takes left overs.

Edited by Alana

Guest Alana

I'm all about the peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches. There seems to be a devide in the family. Our son and myself love them, Dad and daughter, not so much. Long live PB&J!

We very rarely eat out. My husband and I will be doing just after Easter as we are going up to Scotland and staying overnight. The reason for the trip is to visit my step daughter's grave. We couldn't afford to go last year so don't want to miss again. I know there will be some of you who say this is an unnecessary extravagance and we should use the money to pay for my daughters to attend EFY but this is important to my non-member husband.

We very rarely eat out. My husband and I will be doing just after Easter as we are going up to Scotland and staying overnight. The reason for the trip is to visit my step daughter's grave. We couldn't afford to go last year so don't want to miss again. I know there will be some of you who say this is an unnecessary extravagance and we should use the money to pay for my daughters to attend EFY but this is important to my non-member husband.

Willow, anyone that says that I will personally go and beat up myself. I think that is something that is extremely important to you and to your husband. It's a personal and private thing. Enjoy your trip.

Thanks Pam. It's a bit of a problem though because we were told money wouldn't exclude anyone from EFY at first, then we were told this last week that we are expected to find over £550. This is the first real EFY there has been in our Stake and the last one my 17 year old will be eligible to attend. She really wants to go. My husband and I are going to Scotland without the girls in order to keep the cost down though.

This is one of those sort of times when I wish we had enough money to say we would pay for everyone in the Ward/Stake who wanted to go and couldnt afford it. I'm having one of those 'justifying desires for money' moments!