The Lord's University

Snow

I'm watching Utah vs BYU on ESPN right now and I'm thinking how Utah is now nationally ranked and how in Football we finished nationally ranked 3rd and how in gymnastics we are ranked nationally number 1 I think and then I'm thinking that BYU is, er, um.... well, you tell me which University is true.

The University of Utah was the university founded by Brigham Young. But I am not sure that as a university the goals of the University of Utah have remained 100 % true to its founder. You are welcome to base you faith on what you believe is eternal, but to me you view seems temporary and will likely change in a few years.

The Traveler

By the fruits of their labor ye shall know them my friend, by their fruits ye shall know them.

Btw and for that matter, the Church's stance on blacks and the priesthood haven't remained true to BYs goals either that didn't stop BYU from fielding a racially diverse team last night. :)

Originally posted by Snow@Feb 1 2005, 07:57 PM

By the fruits of their labor ye shall know them my friend, by their fruits ye shall know them.

Btw and for that matter, the Church's stance on blacks and the priesthood haven't remained true to BYs goals either.

Thank goodness! :D

And, yes, the pendulum swings---I wonder if anybody seriously thinks God cares who wins football games?

However, mine gives a slight preference to Arizona State--He loves them Sun Devils! :lol:

Originally posted by Cal+Feb 1 2005, 09:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cal @ Feb 1 2005, 09:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Snow@Feb 1 2005, 07:57 PM

Btw and for that matter, the Church's stance on blacks and the priesthood haven't remained true to BYs goals either.

Thank goodness! :D

And, yes, the pendulum swings---I wonder if anybody seriously thinks God cares who wins football games?

However, mine gives a slight preference to Arizona State--He loves them Sun Devils! :lol:

Now you sound like my dh. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Traveler@Feb 2 2005, 07:56 PM

Well Mr Snow: You will be glad to know that BYU had the higest national ranking for new recruits in the MWC on this the first Letter of Intent day.

The Traveler

I am glad to know that. After there last recruiting, they sure need it:

When the school announced the signing of 21 high school seniors and junior college transfers last February, coaches raved about the skill and speed of those incoming athletes and it appeared to be a class filled with promise.

Now, the Cougars are trying to fill a huge void.

Some six months after national letter-of-intent day, six of those players were connected to an alleged crime. Four of them — Karland Bennett, B.J. Mathis, Ibrahim Rashada and William Turner — were eventually indicted on felony charges in connection with an alleged aggravated sexual assault. They have since left school. Two more players who were also connected with the alleged incident, Antwaun Harris and Billy Skinner, transferred this past month.

Another recruit, Greg Lovely, also transferred recently, though he wasn't connected with the alleged crime.

The mass exodus has created a daunting challenge for the BYU football program.

"You're actually losing two recruiting classes," explained recruiting coordinator Paul Tidwell. "You have to fill in this year because you lost guys who you were counting on that you signed last year that are no longer here. It leaves a hole."

Originally posted by Traveler@Feb 2 2005, 07:56 PM

Well Mr Snow: You will be glad to know that BYU had the higest national ranking for new recruits in the MWC on this the first Letter of Intent day.

The Traveler

Hey, where did you read that? I saw the recruits but not an analysis of it.

Originally posted by Tr2@Feb 5 2005, 07:43 AM

I would have thought the Lord's Universities would do much better in the NCAA

We are in complete harmony on this my harmonic friend of friends.

. Hey maybe my wife is right though, maybe sports aren't important to God.

If that is true, why did he invent gladiators and Ultimate Cage Fighting?

Guess your Misses didn't think of that, eh.

Originally posted by Blessed@Feb 5 2005, 05:12 PM

One thing about sports is that more people tend to get really excited with it... pack in the stadiums and gather together than they do for church and to get excited about the greatest gift in history... Jesus!

:angry:

Maybe if they sold peanuts, popcorn and hotdogs at chuch and let you wear a baseball cap, more people would come to church meetings. :lol: