Reoccurring Dreams

StrawberryFields

Reoccurring Dream

Dreams are very interesting to me. I don't always remember my dreams but sometimes I do. Through out my life I have had different reoccurring dreams. The one that I have now is one where my family lived in another town 9 years ago. It is mostly about the cute, small home we lived in that is about half the size of this one. In my dream, we had sold it back to the lady we had purchased it from. She was not going to use it for awhile so she allowed us to keep some of our things there. She also told us that when we can into town that we could use the home. I have "gone back there" on several occasions in my dreams. The dream plays back almost identically each time. We go to that town and move in with just our clothes because we are able to get by with just the other items that we had left behind. We pull into the garage, and enter into the kitchen where everything looks as if we had just left. We take a tour through the rest of the house and find everything in place. We visit with some friends and neighbors and have some dinner there. As we are preparing to go to sleep we find a few things that must belong to the owner and we feel bad about being there. Because it is late, we decide that we will pack up and leave the next morning. In the morning the good feelings that we had felt the day before have left us and we hurry to get things put back the way they were. We think that maybe it is time to move all of our things out of this home but we choose not to take them with us.

I wonder why this dream keeps appearing in my sleep.

I'm very interested in dreams too. Of course I know nothing of your situation, so I could be way off. Just take it with a grain of salt...

Maybe you are wishing you could simplify your life more. Do you perhaps live in a large home, that maybe is a bit too large for your liking? Perhaps you have too much clutter, and you need to get rid of some of it.

Then on the other hand, sometimes I think dreams mean absolutely nothing, and they are just garbage that has to be flushed from our brain.

I've been having some really bad, depressing dreams lately because of the movies I've been watching - namely 'The House of Sand and Fog'. If you want to be depressed, watch that movie!

Originally posted by shanstress70@Feb 7 2005, 11:37 AM

I'm very interested in dreams too. Of course I know nothing of your situation, so I could be way off. Just take it with a grain of salt...

Maybe you are wishing you could simplify your life more. Do you perhaps live in a large home, that maybe is a bit too large for your liking? Perhaps you have too much clutter, and you need to get rid of some of it.

Then on the other hand, sometimes I think dreams mean absolutely nothing, and they are just garbage that has to be flushed from our brain.

I've been having some really bad, depressing dreams lately because of the movies I've been watching - namely 'The House of Sand and Fog'. If you want to be depressed, watch that movie!

Yes, to simplify would be wonderful. :D Yes, too about our house being too big. Sometimes I can go a week without going into our basement...it is even emptier since my son got married in June.

As I think about they days in that house and I feel that I was really happy there. Our ward was very close and my children were small. Although it can be hard at times when you have small children, it is also a great time in a mother¡Çs life.

Nah, I think that I will forego that movie. I learned along time ago that my spirit does better with light hearted shows. Thanks for the warning though. ;)

I've seen that movie and yes, it is a little depressing...I didn't quite know what to make of it, was it just a cheap thriller? I was a little disappointed with it really.

SF...When I was married I often dreamt my husband was seeing other women...unfortunately he was!!! :D

I often have very vivid and memorable dreams...some are very good, others are definitely nightmarish and I wonder whether it is the cocktail of drugs that I take for my health problems that inspire them...wish I could remember to write them all down, and have them interpreted, I could write a book!!!

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Feb 7 2005, 09:41 AM

Reoccurring Dream

Dreams are very interesting to me. I don't always remember my dreams but sometimes I do. Through out my life I have had different reoccurring dreams. The one that I have now is one where my family lived in another town 9 years ago. It is mostly about the cute, small home we lived in that is about half the size of this one. In my dream, we had sold it back to the lady we had purchased it from. She was not going to use it for awhile so she allowed us to keep some of our things there. She also told us that when we can into town that we could use the home. I have "gone back there" on several occasions in my dreams. The dream plays back almost identically each time. We go to that town and move in with just our clothes because we are able to get by with just the other items that we had left behind. We pull into the garage, and enter into the kitchen where everything looks as if we had just left. We take a tour through the rest of the house and find everything in place. We visit with some friends and neighbors and have some dinner there. As we are preparing to go to sleep we find a few things that must belong to the owner and we feel bad about being there. Because it is late, we decide that we will pack up and leave the next morning. In the morning the good feelings that we had felt the day before have left us and we hurry to get things put back the way they were. We think that maybe it is time to move all of our things out of this home but we choose not to take them with us.

SF, your dream seems more like a "you can't go back to the past" kind of dream.

The house you remember so pleasantly could represent a time of your life that you reflect back on longingly (even if only in your dreams), and when you revisit that time, you see how idyllic it was, and staying there is representative of wishing to return to it, but you become uncomfortable in the end, which could signify that you need to move on.

It could carry a similar spiritual connotation.

It is very symbolic to me.

Originally posted by Jenda+Feb 7 2005, 08:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Feb 7 2005, 08:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Strawberry Fields@Feb 7 2005, 09:41 AM

Reoccurring Dream

SF, your dream seems more like a "you can't go back to the past" kind of dream.

The house you remember so pleasantly could represent a time of your life that you reflect back on longingly (even if only in your dreams), and when you revisit that time, you see how idyllic it was, and staying there is representative of wishing to return to it, but you become uncomfortable in the end, which could signify that you need to move on.

It could carry a similar spiritual connotation.

It is very symbolic to me.

I believe that you could be right. Maybe now, I won't be dreaming that dream. I also think that you could be on to something about this dream being much deeper. Thank you for posting your reply.

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Feb 7 2005, 10:41 AM

Reoccurring Dream

A house is symbolic of life, your life. What happens in it is what is happening in your life. Are you feeling like you don't belong in the place of life you are now in?

Furniture, old, new, ragged and worn, is symbolic of the state of your life.

Things, if colorful, clutter, etc are obsticles or things you have to work out, or overcome.

Originally posted by Blessed@Feb 7 2005, 05:37 PM

I have reoccuring dreams of people whom I have hurt and trying to find them.  I will see them in the distance or sometimes rarely upclose, but some thing always prevents a reconcilation.

It sucks.  :(

Dreams can come in opposites. Because of the benevelant kind of person you are, you probably haven't hurt anyone.

Maybe it is yourself you are not reconciling with. When we dream of people whom we know, they are representing different parts of ourself.

Originally posted by pushka@Feb 7 2005, 08:17 PM

I've seen that movie and yes, it is a little depressing...I didn't quite know what to make of it, was it just a cheap thriller? I was a little disappointed with it really.

Actually, the movie was nominated for several awards. A co-worker recommended it to me. I've never seen something so depressing, and found myself crying hours afterward. DH thought I was losing it! I don't think it would've been so bad if I wasn't a mother though (someone loses a child). I had to give my co-worker a hard time for suggesting it!

You only remember your dreams when you wake up in the middle of one. Dream sleep is supposedly healthy for your sleep patterns and waking up in the middle of one interupts this healthy sleeping. Also notice that no guy has commented before me about dreams. We men have nice healthy sleep patterns. And dream interpretation is very sketchy at best. You're better off consulting a Quija board. Dreams are, as said earlier, best

taken with a grain of salt

Originally posted by shanstress70+Feb 8 2005, 06:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shanstress70 @ Feb 8 2005, 06:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pushka@Feb 7 2005, 08:17 PM

I've seen that movie and yes, it is a little depressing...I didn't quite know what to make of it, was it just a cheap thriller?  I was a little disappointed with it really.

Actually, the movie was nominated for several awards. A co-worker recommended it to me. I've never seen something so depressing, and found myself crying hours afterward. DH thought I was losing it! I don't think it would've been so bad if I wasn't a mother though (someone loses a child). I had to give my co-worker a hard time for suggesting it!

Thanks...you've just reminded me about one of the 'highlights' of the movie...I wasn't aware of it being nominated for a number of awards...I think I just had very mixed feelings after watching it...perhaps because it was Ben Kingsley I expected something different!! The cover of the video was a little misleading too...I thought it might be something supernatural!! LOL.

DisRuptive...no wonder you men have such good sleep habits after your wives have finished cooking and cleaning for you, and obviously provided you with your nightly warm milky drink to ease you into Noddy land...lol :P