Final interview is done....papers are off!

HyperShadow

Wow, this is such a crazy feeling. Ok, from the beginning!

I had my interview with the stake president today, you know the final final one where after he submits my papers! :o Anyway, that was a great experience and it went really well, the spirit was definitely there as we went through it. I gave the opening prayer and the SP gave the closing and his prayer was so nice it gave me reassurance and the knowledge that what I am doing is the right thing and I am ready to go.

So from this point I just wait for my call! Now that I think about it I have a few questions, when do I go to the temple? After I'm set apart as a missionary? I guess I can just go ask my parents, but its good to ask here. Oh yeah, I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled soon, so that will be fun XD

The feelings I'm having right now are intense and some I have never felt before. I look forward to serving Heavenly Father and his children. I cant wait, I really cant. SP said they probably wont get to my papers until after conference. Makes sense, but oh man it makes the wait so longer.

I really appreciate the forums here, they have helped me a lot. Especially the members, thank you all for all your great answers, stories and testimonies.

I'll let you all know my call when it gets here!

-HyperShadow

Wow, this is such a crazy feeling. Ok, from the beginning!

Now that I think about it I have a few questions, when do I go to the temple? After I'm set apart as a missionary?

I would start the process with the Bishop asap. It is good to go to the temple several times before you enter the mission field.

FYI, you are sent aside as a missionary a day or two before you leave.

All the best serving the Lord.

Ask your bishop when you should go through the temple. I'm pretty sure that you need to be ordained an Elder before you go to the temple, but not set apart as a missionary. If you already are, it might just be a matter of calling the temple and setting things up, but trust me, your bishop will be pointing you in that direction anyway. I'm sure he'll love to see your enthusiasm (that is what I'm reading, right? :)) Congratulations though! It must be awesome to have taken such a big step. Life will never be the same! Good luck!

Contact your Bishop and take the temple classes BEFORE you make your plans to go to the temple. This is the way it is set up or at least should be set up. This gives you insite into the temple and what you will learn there. There will be follow up classes after you have gone for the first time in which you can have your questions answered. Other than that start living like a missionary now ... the adversary will be after you full time and adapting the mission rules as near as possible will help keep you on track.

This is a great thing and you are in for the experience of your life. Good luck.

Thats great! So is there any area you're hoping to go to? South America? Europe? USA?

I wanted to go to Italy and serve in Milano and I somehow got what I wanted! :)

I would really like to go to Japan. I took 3 years of it during high school (Yes I put that on my papers ) and I think it would be a great experience.

As far as going to the temple. I have had the temple prep classes already, now I am going to talk with my bishop and it should be good!

Gah I'm so excited and impatient heh heh :lol:

I was told that I could get a recommend to go to the temple as soon as my call was in hand, so I did. Wish I'd gone more often at that, but we did move so things were a little hectic.

Oh yeah, I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled soon, so that will be fun XD

Mine weren't bad at all, I was expecting a lot worse than the simple tooth extraction that it was because of all the horror stories. It was over in under 5 minutes (thats time being worked on, being numbed up and the like obviously took longer). The only thing I was given to take home for pain was Tylenol and I only used it once I think.