Mormons Versus Exmormons

Snow

There's believers and non-believers or actives and non-actives, or devotees and jack-Mormons but the difference between them may not be that great or noticable -- least not like the difference between Mormon and that body of people known as "ex-Mormon". Now that's a whole nudder ball game.

So what's the difference between them. Perhaps the example below illustrates it as well as any.

Mormon:

I went to other demonination's church services for the first time a few years ago. I was shocked to learn that, for example, the organist was a paid employee. I always knew that their clergy was on the payroll but musicians? I could scarcely fathom it. I also went to Robert Schuller's Crystal Cathedral (from TV) and was amazed that world-class flutist James Gallaway played for the service. (Arnold Schwartzenbergernage was the guest sermonizer). The person I mentioned to me laughed and informed me that for the right price they could get anybody they wanted - and did.

Ex-Mormon

"My husband's church (not LDS) PAYS him to share his testimony

In the last year, he has sat on a couple of "panel discussions about faith" for RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults), for which he was paid $75 ($25 and $50 respectively).

Oh my gosh ... other churches pay????

I think of how many times I bore my testimony.

I think of how many times I taught a lesson.

I think of how many times I sang in the choir.

I think of how often I cleaned toilets and swept the cultural hall.

I think of spending 18 months in So. Korea.

Never was offered a red cent by the Lord's true church.

Now I realize, that the Lord's true church must require the sacrifice of EVERYTHING (including your sanity) but it was a little eye-opening to realize that not every church takes advantage of its members in such a brutal way.

TBMs will say they're on the Lord's errand ... Well the Mormon Lord is a tightwad."

[Note: someone notified me that I was being impersonated on an anti-Mormon website so I went over to check it out and while searching for my name found the above.

That kind of thinking is beyond me, it makes no sense , it mystifies me. Granted - I not all that bright but still...

Guest TheProudDuck

Originally posted by Jenifer@Feb 16 2005, 10:53 PM

Hi Snow,

Bat wanted me to let you know that he tried defending you in that thread, pointing out that it was most likely your long time stalker "Harvey", however, his post was deleted by the exmormon.org nazis.

"Nazis" is a bit strong for those guys. When I made a foray there to check out someone who had plagiarized one of my posts from this site using a variant on my name, I discovered that they get a case of the vapors when they're challenged. Opposition disrupts their "recovery," you see.

"Recovery" from Mormonism, incidentally, involves liberal use of Old Dutch emphatic words beginning with "f."

Calling those pansies "Nazis" is an insult to genocidal murderous fascists everywhere, imputing to them the one vice they lacked.

Originally posted by Jenifer@Feb 16 2005, 09:53 PM

Hi Snow,

Bat wanted me to let you know that he tried defending you in that thread, pointing out that it was most likely your long time stalker "Harvey", however, his post was deleted by the exmormon.org nazis.

I wondered if it might have been Harvey, though last time we talked we were on pretty good terms so I didn't know if it would have been him or not.

Say hi to the batman.

Originally posted by Snow+Feb 17 2005, 11:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Feb 17 2005, 11:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenifer@Feb 16 2005, 09:53 PM

Hi Snow,

I wondered if it might have been Harvey, though last time we talked we were on pretty good terms so I didn't know if it would have been him or not.

Say hi to the batman.

bat: Hi. I was going to write something more lengthy, but there are those that would banish my wife from this board for the simple fact that I'm posting from her account, which may still happen, so I'll leave it at that.

Were we talking about Nazis, and supression of speech and ideas? I didn't think so.

Originally posted by Snow@Feb 16 2005, 10:19 PM

There's believers and non-believers or actives and non-actives, or devotees and jack-Mormons but the difference between them may not be that great or noticable -- least not like the difference between Mormon and that body of people known as "ex-Mormon". Now that's a whole nudder ball game.

So what's the difference between them. Perhaps the example below illustrates it as well as any.

Mormon:

I went to other demonination's church services for the first time a few years ago. I was shocked to learn that, for example, the organist was a paid employee. I always knew that their clergy was on the payroll but musicians? I could scarcely fathom it. I also went to Robert Schuller's Crystal Cathedral (from TV) and was amazed that world-class flutist James Gallaway played for the service. (Arnold Schwartzenbergernage was the guest sermonizer). The person I mentioned to me laughed and informed me that for the right price they could get anybody they wanted - and did.

Ex-Mormon

In the last year, he has sat on a couple of "panel discussions about faith" for RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults), for which he was paid $75 ($25 and $50 respectively).

Now I realize, that the Lord's true church must require the sacrifice of EVERYTHING (including your sanity) but it was a little eye-opening to realize that not every church takes advantage of its members in such a brutal way.

TBMs will say they're on the Lord's errand ... Well the Mormon Lord is a tightwad."

[Note: someone notified me that I was being impersonated on an anti-Mormon website so I went over to check it out and while searching for my name found the above.

That kind of thinking is beyond me, it makes no sense , it mystifies me. Granted - I not all that bright but still...

bat: I don't understand your complaint. Are you complaining that some churches pay people for their services? Do you complain about the dudes at General Conference that rehash the same old same old, that are paid to have the positions in your church that they have?

Perhaps you are trying to make a distinction between LDS and people that used to be LDS, but left because LOTR has a greater chance of being "true". I saw a midget on the teevee the other day. That proves that hobbits are real. Please clarify.

BTW, I previously prophecied that this board would suck without me, and it would appear that I was correct. PM me and I'll tell you where you can send me $. Perhaps someday, the admin of this board will unharden their hearts (unlike the lamanites that aren't Native American Indians thanks to DNA research) and remove the abomination before the l-rd that is the gag order on my account.

PD, lighten up. You sound like a lawyer. (bat applauds himself for applying the world's biggest insult.)

I've considered creating different accounts so that i can still post here, but what's the point? There are those here that don't want my POV to be heard, and have gone to great lengths to make sure that they aren't. Whether it be my mocking and ridicule of implausible beliefs, my debunking of apologetic ad hoc assertions, or my criticism of the deformed, biased, and hypocritical way this board is run, I'm not welcome here. Which reminds me of why I think I would never be welcome in the lds church. "If you don't think the way we think, and believe what we believe, and do what we tell you to do, you're not welcome here."

I don't think that is what g-d wants. G-d wants all of his children/monkeys to be happy. Not just an elite select few that wear special underwear. If g-d really wanted me to belong to his one true church, he wouldn't have made it unbelievably implausible, and he wouldn't have made all of the scientific evidence contradict his one true church.

Perhaps g-d hates me for not having unquestioning faith in xtian fairy tales.

Originally posted by Jenifer@Feb 18 2005, 01:58 AM

bat: I don't understand your complaint. Are you complaining that some churches pay people for their services? Do you complain about the dudes at General Conference that rehash the same old same old, that are paid to have the positions in your church that they have?

Perhaps you are trying to make a distinction between LDS and people that used to be LDS, but left because LOTR has a greater chance of being "true". I saw a midget on the teevee the other day. That proves that hobbits are real. Please clarify.

BTW, I previously prophecied that this board would suck without me, and it would appear that I was correct. PM me and I'll tell you where you can send me $. Perhaps someday, the admin of this board will unharden their hearts (unlike the lamanites that aren't Native American Indians thanks to DNA research) and remove the abomination before the l-rd that is the gag order on my account.

PD, lighten up. You sound like a lawyer. (bat applauds himself for applying the world's biggest insult.)

I've considered creating different accounts so that i can still post here, but what's the point? There are those here that don't want my POV to be heard, and have gone to great lengths to make sure that they aren't. Whether it be my mocking and ridicule of implausible beliefs, my debunking of apologetic ad hoc assertions, or my criticism of the deformed, biased, and hypocritical way this board is run, I'm not welcome here. Which reminds me of why I think I would never be welcome in the lds church. "If you don't think the way we think, and believe what we believe, and do what we tell you to do, you're not welcome here."

I don't think that is what g-d wants. G-d wants all of his children/monkeys to be happy. Not just an elite select few that wear special underwear. If g-d really wanted me to belong to his one true church, he wouldn't have made it unbelievably implausible, and he wouldn't have made all of the scientific evidence contradict his one true church.

BTW, for what it is worth, you know that I like you. I believe that from the above post that it is because of your complete distain for the church and its basic principals that keeps you (most of the time) at arms reach of this board. My question to you would be why you would want to be a member of a board like this one if only to add ridicule and sarcasm.What is it that keeps you coming back to LDSTalk? Is it to add questions and doubts to those who are content in what they believe? If so, I have heard that there are plenty of other websites for that kind of stuff. You say that you feel that you are unwelcome here or in the LDS Church. My question is again, why do you care?

I choose not to support the practice of drinking and smoking so thus I chose not to hang around at a bar or night club. Am I bothered by the choices of the people who do these things? No, of course not, unless it is someone who I care about and can have an influence on. Certainly, the strangers in a night club would want nothing to do with my intentions to get them to change. I choose not to participate in the way of life as those who frequent the bars and leave it with that. I chose not to visit websites where there are mocking and ridicule to the core of the LDS Church. The previously mentioned behavior does not belong on LDSTalk and that is why you are banned. If you believe that there are those on this message board who want to hear this kind of stuff from you, maybe you can express once and for all, where the gospel of Bat can be found. Which website allows gospel of Bat to be preached?

Hugs, SF

Originally posted by Jenifer@Feb 18 2005, 12:25 AM

bat: Hi. I was going to write something more lengthy, but there are those that would banish my wife from this board for the simple fact that I'm posting from her account, which may still happen, so I'll leave it at that....

I've taken a break myself and may have missed something or maybe it's news to everyone but did some kind of honest-to-goodness nuptials happen to you (bat) and Jenifer recently?

M.

Originally posted by Snow@Feb 16 2005, 09:19 PM

My friend gets paid by the church for doing custodial work in her Branch building. And I also believe that when my niece helps out in YM's, if the activity they do costs money (go to movie) she doesn't have to pay for it herself.

But maybe Branches in Canada do things differently than big wards in the States. :huh:

M.

Originally posted by Maureen+Feb 18 2005, 05:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maureen @ Feb 18 2005, 05:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenifer@Feb 18 2005, 12:25 AM

bat:  Hi.  I was going to write something more lengthy, but there are those that would banish my wife from this board for the simple fact that I'm posting from her account, which may still happen, so I'll leave it at that....

I've taken a break myself and may have missed something or maybe it's news to everyone but did some kind of honest-to-goodness nuptials happen to you (bat) and Jenifer recently?

M.

bat: Yes, we were married on the 108th floor of the Stratosphere Temple on December 30, 2004. It was the perfect wedding. Jenifer announced it here mid-December. Now, g-d sanctions us having sex, as opposed to if prior to our wedding we would have engaged in immoral sex and be thrust down to hell. It's weird how a piece of paper typed by a room full of monkeys over the course of a million years in a room full of typewriters determines whether one will spend the rest of eternity (which is a REALLY REALLY long time) in heaven or in hell. The g-d's must be really buerocratic, or even worse, lawyers.

He does NOT hate you for not having faith.....and ridicule, belittling or not.... I have missed you on board. I don't have unquestioning faith in a lot of things..... maybe I get to go to hell ;)

Originally posted by Jenifer+Feb 19 2005, 12:40 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenifer @ Feb 19 2005, 12:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Maureen@Feb 18 2005, 05:46 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Jenifer@Feb 18 2005, 12:25 AM

bat:  Hi.  I was going to write something more lengthy, but there are those that would banish my wife from this board for the simple fact that I'm posting from her account, which may still happen, so I'll leave it at that....

M.

bat: Yes, we were married on the 108th floor of the Stratosphere Temple on December 30, 2004. It was the perfect wedding. Jenifer announced it here mid-December. Now, g-d sanctions us having sex, as opposed to if prior to our wedding we would have engaged in immoral sex and be thrust down to hell. It's weird how a piece of paper typed by a room full of monkeys over the course of a million years in a room full of typewriters determines whether one will spend the rest of eternity (which is a REALLY REALLY long time) in heaven or in hell. The g-d's must be really buerocratic, or even worse, lawyers.

Congratulations Bat and Jenifer...and good point you made about that piece of paper...I wish you lots of years...or an eternity even, of happiness together... :D

Originally posted by Jenifer@Feb 19 2005, 12:40 AM

Congratulations bat and Jenifer!!!

What a lovely way to end one year and begin a New Year!

M.

Originally posted by Jenifer+Feb 19 2005, 01:40 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenifer @ Feb 19 2005, 01:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Maureen@Feb 18 2005, 05:46 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Jenifer@Feb 18 2005, 12:25 AM

M.

LOL. For our first 7 years of marriage, we weren't sure we were legally and lawfully married. :o We figured after that we were at least legal in the sense of common law. :lol:

BAT!!!!!!!Hey guy!

Whats up with the limited visits.... :blink: are we not good enough :rolleyes: , well

I hope this is not the last of you... :D Are you going to be stopping in chat soon?

I talked to Marsha...we should all catch up... soon. :D

Thursday night around 7:30 if ya can......

Snow....I always love you posts :D , I'm sending this on to dear hubby's friend. I think its to irrisistable to pass up. :P

hugs all

Laureltree

Originally posted by LaurelTree@Mar 1 2005, 10:37 PM

BAT!!!!!!!Hey guy!

Whats up with the limited visits.... :blink: are we not good enough :rolleyes: , well

I hope this is not the last of you... :D Are you going to be stopping in chat soon?

Thursday night around 7:30 if ya can......

Snow....I always love you posts :D , I'm sending this on to dear hubby's friend. I think its to irrisistable to pass up. :P

hugs all

Laureltree

Bat has been banished from ldstalk.com.

Originally posted by LaurelTree@Mar 1 2005, 09:37 PM

BAT!!!!!!!Hey guy!

Thursday night around 7:30 if ya can..................

hugs all

Laureltree

Advanced Moderator

Can you do something to help?

Originally posted by Snow@Feb 16 2005, 09:19 PM

Mormon:

Ex-Mormon

Why do you think the LDS church is so wealthy? Imagine the drain on the cofers in SL if we paid every Bishop, SS teacher, SP, home teacher etc!

Technically, I'm an exmormon in that I filed for divorce from an emotionally abusive Mormon and resigned my membership. I do however, have Mormon friends and I'm not out to destroy the church even though I never believed any of it. As long as polygamy is not practiced, Mormons and other religious people have the right to practice their religion, and I will protect that right.

Originally posted by alpha_female@Mar 5 2005, 01:02 PM

As long as polygamy is not practiced, Mormons and other religious people have the right to practice their religion, and I will protect that right.

Hmmm, an interesting belief. One is free to follow one's religious beliefs so long as their religious beliefs don't violate your idea of how marriage ought be structured.

Tell me, do you think multiple sexual partners in general should be prohibited, or just if the multiple partners are married to each other?

Originally posted by Snow+Mar 5 2005, 07:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Mar 5 2005, 07:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--alpha_female@Mar 5 2005, 01:02 PM

As long as polygamy is not practiced, Mormons and other religious people have the right to practice their religion, and I will protect that right.

Hmmm, an interesting belief. One is free to follow one's religious beliefs so long as their religious beliefs don't violate your idea of how marriage ought be structured.

Tell me, do you think multiple sexual partners in general should be prohibited, or just if the multiple partners are married to each other?

compelling questions Snow. :rolleyes: