Farewell to the used car market?

Just_A_Guy

Wake me up when I can trade my old SUV straight across the board for a new small fuel efficient car. That would be something!!! :)

Or wake me up when a real small car can haul 20-tons of food to the store. Or furniture from the local Wally mart...or can it really carry four Americans without bottom out the suspension? :lol:

For others, the answer is NO! Small cars are not the answer. Neither the puny 30MPG factor is something to shoot for...we simply do not have bright government officials knowing anything about automobiles and potential of such.

And I am given to understand that most ethanol production results in more petroleum-based fuel being consumed to produce the ethanol than what is later replaced by burning the ethanol in place of petroleum-based fuel.

That is also my understanding.

Bottom Line: E85 fuel was simply a device to create another market for corn and help the corn farmer. It was sold to the public by peddling it as an alternate fuel source, less fossil fuel emissions, and reducing dependancy on foreign fuel.

That is also my understanding.

Bottom Line: E85 fuel was simply a device to create another market for corn and help the corn farmer. It was sold to the public by peddling it as an alternate fuel source, less fossil fuel emissions, and reducing dependancy on foreign fuel.

and e85 is an epic failure....it is far less thermally efficient, meaning you get 40% less mpgs running corn ethenol, it also drives up the price of beef/milk/and any corn based food...which is basically everything...read the ingredients, it has corn syrup, since there is a forced demand for corn to make this E85 stuff...the cost of corn is higher....great for farmers, but they are still losing money because recorces are higher to produce, and it still costs more to feed their families, and since corn costs more, it costs more to feed the cows and other cute furry animals we love to eat on a daily basis....

i live in the middle of the corn belt, and there are 2 gas stations that sell e85 here in town, aobut 30 cent a gallon cheaper, but is 40% less thermally efficient, a math whiz will figure that cost ratio out..but its a joke..its an epic failure, and its being forced down our throats

so the government wants us to trade in our cars, which we do not owe any money on, for newer cars, which will require the majority of to go into debt because we don't have he money to buy them.

sounds like a redistribution of wealth...give my money to the automakers.

I think we need Ragner Danneskjold!

List of characters in Atlas Shrugged - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia