How Embarrassing!

Guest curvette

Guest curvette

Can you imagine? If I were that girl's mom or (worse yet) fiancee, or even one of the guests with nonrefundable plane and hotel reservations, I'd be ready to bop her over the head! What was she thinking??????? (this hit particularly close to home because I just went through the enormous hassel and expense of booking travel arrangements to historic Boston for my sister-in-law's wedding...)

Originally posted by Amillia@Apr 30 2005, 12:07 PM

Are you talking about the girl who went missing the day before her wedding? I thought she was obducted....was she found?

No, she was faking. She ran to New Mexico because she had "cold feet", called and claimed she was kidnapped, then admitted it was a hoax. They were taking her fiance in for a polygraph when he got her call; they thought maybe he'd killed her.

Originally posted by Outshined+Apr 30 2005, 12:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Outshined @ Apr 30 2005, 12:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Amillia@Apr 30 2005, 12:07 PM

Are you talking about the girl who went missing the day before her wedding? I thought she was obducted....was she found?

No, she was faking. She ran to New Mexico because she had "cold feet", called and claimed she was kidnapped, then admitted it was a hoax. They were taking her fiance in for a polygraph when he got her call; they thought maybe he'd killed her.

She is the one the family put up a $100,000 reward for?

She has got to be the all time creep of the year. At least now the guy knows who not to marry. At least I hope he does, because if he marries her, he will never know what she is going to pull next. Why didn't she just say she wasn't ready!

Guest estump

This one hit close to home for me, literally. We don't live all that far from all of this...so of course we heard about it EVERY SECOND of EVERY DAY since Tuesday evening.

My husband called it! I thought...oh they'll find her dead or something (yeah, I am cynical). He said no...have you seen pictures of her, she's nuts. Look at her eyes...she has crazy psychotic eyes! He then said, I bet she ran off, got cold feet and then will try to make up some stupid story so she won't look like the bad guy.

The police are not filing charges, but I would if I were them. They had a crimonologist talking about her on CNN and the things they had to say regarding her behavior were right on. She had money with her and they think she called home, because she was finally getting low. She planned this beforehand, because she bought a ticket earlier on Tuesday. The Crimonologist thinks that she in some sick way was seeking more attention. I agree with her. Jennifer cut her hair for pete's sake. She was planning this...this was NO split second decision.

If she didn't want to get married....all she had to do was to simply tell someone....tell them a week ago...tell them two months ago. Oh and 600 guests...PLEASE! That's crazy.

If I was her fiancee, I'd break up w/ her and move on w/ my life. How humiliating that had to be for him.

Posted Image

In every picture they showed...she may be smiling...but seriously she looks almost hollow inside. That is the first thing I thought and pretty much everyone around us thought when discussing the case.

She needs help....

Guest curvette

Originally posted by estump@Apr 30 2005, 02:42 PM

In every picture they showed...she may be smiling...but seriously she looks almost hollow inside. That is the first thing I thought and pretty much everyone around us thought when discussing the case.

Really? I just thought she had big--a@@ eyes! :D

You know the saying ..."love is blind"!

If I was her fiance, I'd break up with her and try to move on with my life. Sure I would feel humiliated but ... I agree with Amillia : "if he marries her he will never know what she is going to pull next".

I would be afraid of what might trigger the next psychotic event. :unsure:

Guest curvette

Originally posted by begood2@May 1 2005, 12:34 AM

You know the saying ..."love is blind"!

If I was her fiance, I'd break up with her and try to move on with my life. Sure I would feel humiliated but ... I agree with Amillia : "if he marries her he will never know what she is going to pull next".

I would be afraid of what might trigger the next psychotic event. :unsure:

Any sane person outside the situation would agree with you. Unfortunately, the brain doesn't usually govern matters of romantic love. :( I feel sorry for the guy either way.

estump where do you live?

i grew up in duluth, my mom and sister still live there and i go there every other weekend...couldn't have happened to a nicer family </sarcasm>...john mason is a pig..but still, that chick had SOME NERVE to do that to HER family...

gave me quite the chuckle though...

Guest estump

Let's just say I live a good hour and a half away...BUT it was ALWAYS on the news...people were talking about it....some people were talking about going to do the search.

I made a mistake about when she bought the ticket...apparently she bought it one week in advance. Did you see her return home...she had a quilt covering her face! Hello your face has been plastered all over the news for a week! Anyway, they are trying to decide if they will file criminal charges or not. In the light of finding out that she indeed purchased the greyhound ticket a week early....this was not a fight or flight response.

I agree w/ the criminologist...she was seeking attention!

How do you know her Fiancee, or shall we say, LIKELY EX-fiancee?

Originally posted by estump@May 2 2005, 11:26 AM

I agree w/ the criminologist...she was seeking attention!

Maybe she thought that people would liken her the Julia Roberts in the movie Run a Way Bride, and she would become famous.

Guest estump

Well if you're near Chattanooga then you are probably about 3 or so hours away from me.

My husband's mom and step dad live in Jasper GA...and that is about 3 hours a way for us...but if we're driving into Atlanta...it takes a good hour and a half to three hours, depending on the time of day we leave...because of the traffic. It takes me about 4 1/2 hours to get to and from Hartsfield, depending on Traffic...sometimes longer or shorter...but usually stays w/ in that 4 1/2 hour range. :-) We're near UGA

Guest bizabra

I feel sorry for her. I think what she needs most of all is some compassion and forgiveness and some serious caounseling. Obviously, she was wigged out about getting married, and after all the expense and pressure, she just broke and ran.

Planning a HUGE expensive wedding, then having second thoughts, it would be very hard to cancel and put a stop to it. She must have felt the only way to stop it would be to run, and then she felt she had to fib about being abducted after she saw the hue and cry to find her.

Unless we walk a mile in her shoes, I think it best to emulate Christ and offer compassion and mercy and not proffer harsh condemnation. She did not KILL anyone or physically hurt a soul. She acted very foolishly and caused emotional pain to those who love her, true, but who are we to judge, anyhow? Leave her alone and let her family, friends, and fiance' deal with it. And it appears he does love her enough to NOT cast her off OR cast stones.

Remember: WWJD? Doesn't his example teach us anything? What about the story of the Prodigal Son? What lessons do you all learn in CHURCH anyway?

Bizabra, I'm in agreement with you that we should all show some compassion to her. However, now her town is waiting for an apology and she has nothing to say. Don't you think it would be the decent thing to do? So many people took time out of their busy lives to search for her, not to mention the money that was spent on the search. Think of all the tears that were shed for her. Can't she just say, "Sorry..."?

You silly puppettes! Are Snow and I the only ones smart enough to see this whole thing for what it really is?....Government propoganda.

Its clearly a tactic to bring us all together during this time of international conflict. Sure they had to have a scape-goat but she'll be living comfortably for the rest of her life.

The whole country is devided, what better to bring us together than a search for a missing bride to be....Classic! Its so simple.

All that "search money", ya, went right towards the war effort. Sheep!