Fathering Rec's - Daddy to Son

Dr T

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you've achieved a big thing when you pass by Ollie Koala's, the kids ask you if they can go, you tell them you don't have any money, and they say it's okay because the playground doesn't need tokens, and you say, no tokens, no tickets to exchange for toys, and they say, it's okay because they understand. And you spend 2 hours of the most relaxing time at Ollie Koala's and not a single time did they beg for tokens and you decide to go ahead and buy them all pizzas because they surely deserved it...

And the icing on the cake is when your sons are busy playing in the playground, and every 15 minutes or so they come to the table to give you a hug and tell you they're having such a fun time and thank you for taking them to Ollie's and even a kiss and an I love you mixed in there somewhere...

Oh, what joy the day brought...

Teach them to set their sights on a career... yes, even at 5 years old...

I had to go pay my traffic ticket today, so I went to the courthouse with 2 little kids in tow. When we got there, my 7 year old said, this is where all the lawyers argue! And I said, yes. And he says, I like to argue, I want to be a lawyer (and argue he can definitely do!). And my 5 year old says, I want to see the lawyers. So, after taking care of traffic ticket, I took them to a court session - only thing going on was small claims court. The felony case didn't start until 2 hours later... But, we sat there anyway. I was late to work but, hey, my little ones were enthralled by the whole process (never a peep sitting on the hard benches! If only they can be that quiet at sacrament.) and it was totally worth being late to work for. So yeah, I have one kid who now wants to be a lawyer and another who wants to be the judge (coz he gets to wear jedi robes)...

As someone with no Biological kids, I do have something to share here.

I have had the most wonderful experience of Helping to raise a now 7 year old girl and for the the last year raising a now 1 and a half year old...

Teach them the truth, spend time with them and do things for them they will remember for there entire life I hope... I write this with tears running down my face as me and my on and off girlfriend of the last 7 years has broken up for the last time... I think... At least I'm pretty positive.

I hope that some day The eldest child will look me up and say hey I still love you for the things you did for me when I was little.