Fashion Show

havejoy

I just found out we are supposed to have a stake fashion show for the 8 to 11 year old girls. It's going to be an all day thing from 9am until 4pm and it's only about 6 weeks away. :eek:

Any ideas? I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do. Not having a clue is normal for me though but I'd still appreciate some input.

Thanks

I don't know what I have to do and I don't know what kind of clothes they are supposed to wear.

All I know is it's going to take place at a park in a small town about an hour from where I live and that I'm supposed to have my girls ready. I don't even know what that means.

I got an email from the stake asking what I have done so far and I wrote back and told her I hadn't even heard about this before that email. She said to talk to my counselors. I have and the one counselor I have is as clueless as I am.

It might be time to ask for a meeting with the stake presidency.

They did a fashion show when my daughter was in senior Primary in the ward we lived in at the time. The girls were to sew something that represented their life, style, personality. Then we had a fashion show and light dinner. We had to write our own description for what my daughter would be wearing. It certainly wasn't 7 hours worth though. No more than 2 hours.

Are you the Primary President? If so, they should contact you personally and talk about it. If you are supposed to know but don't, then corner someone in charge, tell them you didn't get contacted about the activity, and ask specifically what they expect from you. Let them know (in a nice way) that you can't do your calling if they don't follow through on theirs.

Pam, was the 2 hour thing just your ward? This is supposed to be a stake thing and I think we have a bunch of wards...not sure how many. Usually we do things with the 2 other wards in my city but this is going to be bigger than that, I think.

It was just my ward. But still..even at the stake level..a fashion show for 7 hours or even a Primary activity for 7 hours is an awful long time. That is way too long to keep a Primary child interested unless you have lots of stimulating activities going on.