"Book of Mormon Geography"

Guest Believer_1829

Guest Believer_1829

be careful when dealing with "non-affiliated" groups.

Yes, theirs is another thought on where things were... although there is no mension of snow/ice anywhere in the BoM... Meso seems to work better to me from the types of cities/roads/time lines etc. etc. involved, but I (and others) could be wrong!

PS - the location where the BoM was found is far removed from where it took place - he was fleeing North, trying to get away from everyone if you recall... he wandered in the wilderness a long time before depositing the plates in their final resting place.

Didn't say I agreed, just thought I would offer it up...

I'm still inclined towards the southern Mexcio/ northern Guatamala model.

** I think I am figuring this place out. You have to preface everything, because if you post something, people automatically assume you believe everything about it.***

40 And there were some who died with fevers, which at some seasons of the year were very frequent in the land—but not so much so with fevers, because of the excellent qualities of the many plants and roots which God had prepared to remove the cause of diseases, to which men were subject by the nature of the climate—

(Book of Mormon | Alma 46:40)

sounds like tropical diseases to me...

I once heard someone say that that verse was written while the prophet's wife was leaning over his shoulder: "Write something about my herbs! Say something about me!"

Here's something interesting I found.

An article titled "History of Joseph Smith, "in the Mormon newspaper Millennial Star, published in England, had the following to say about the ancient City of Manti (as in the Book of Mormon):

The camp passed through Huntsville, in Randolph County [Missouri], which has been appointed as one of the Stakes of Zion, and is the ancient site of the City of Manti.... [sept. 1838] (The Latter-day Saints' Millennial Star, "History of Joseph Smith," Vol. 16, page 296, May 13, 1854)

Also a study of Zelph might prove insightful into Book of Mormon Geography.

40 And there were some who died with fevers, which at some seasons of the year were very frequent in the land—but not so much so with fevers, because of the excellent qualities of the many plants and roots which God had prepared to remove the cause of diseases, to which men were subject by the nature of the climate—

(Book of Mormon | Alma 46:40)

sounds like tropical diseases to me...

This scripture contains two clues: (1) fever, and (2) seasonal.

How can you conclude "tropical diseases" from this?