Favorite Movie lines

pam

This might be overkill, but these are a few of my favorites from Meet Me In St Louis. I must admit, some of these quotes sound like they could have come from a "typical Utah girl".

(On the phone)

Warren Sheffield: Isn't this great? Here I am in New York and there you are in St. Louis and it's just like you're in the next room.

Rose Smith: What was that?

Warren Sheffield: [yelling] I said, IT'S JUST LIKE YOU'RE IN THE NEXT ROOM!

Rose Smith: Oh.

---------------------------------------

Esther Smith: I'm going to let John Truett kiss me tonight.

Rose Smith: Esther Smith.

Esther Smith: Well, if we're going to get married, I may as well start it.

John Truett: Wow, that's nice perfume.

Esther Smith: Do you like it? It's Essence of Violet. I only take it out on special occasions

John Truett: Exactly the kind my grandmother wears.

Rose Smith: Oh, Es, isn't he simply enchanting? And so mature!

Esther Smith: Well, how did it happen? Where did you meet?

Rose Smith: I was coming out of the shop and he was coming in. We bumped into each other!

Esther Smith: Accidentally?

Rose Smith: Almost!

Warren Sheffield: Rose Smith, we can't go on like this any longer. I've positively decided we're going to get married at the earliest opportunity and I don't want to hear any arguments. That's final. I love you. Merry Christmas.

Rose Smith: Merry Christmas

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright JD, this one is for you....

Long John Willoughby: [gets carried away spanking his own knees as he describes his dream to Ann]

Long John Willoughby: Then I came down and started whackin' you myself, and then you whacked me, and then I whacked you, and then we started whackin' back and forth, and...

Long John Willoughby: [stops abruptly when he realizes Beany is standing right behind him]

Beany: If you're through whackin' her, can we go now?

Name that movie....

Oh and BTW, were you implying that I know something that you don't, it must be a sign of how pathetic your life is? Because we all know how pathetic mine is? Huh, huh?! I take offense!

:D

Name that movie....

Okay, I'll admit I had to google it........ Meet John Doe.

Oh and BTW, were you implying that I know something that you don't, it must be a sign of how pathetic your life is? Because we all know how pathetic mine is? Huh, huh?! I take offense!

:D

Not at all. I just don't watch old movies without cowboys or GIs. Except my wife makes me sit through The Sound of Music once in a while. I'll admit I've never seen Breakfast at Tiffany's either.

I have several favorites.

Somebody mentioned Good Will Hunting - R-Rated, but yes, that was a good line. I got one from R-Rated movie As Good As It Gets which is also a really good line:

Girl: How do you write women so well?

Udall: I take a man, then I take away reason and accountability.

Udall: Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

Udall: What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

And from O Brother Where Art Thou.

Everett: Never trust a female Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent. Woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man.

Everett: Pete, the personal rancor reflected in that remark I don't intend to dignify with comment. But I would like to address your general attitude of hopeless negativism. Consider the lilies of the field or... heck! Take a look at Delmar here as your paradigm of hope.

Pete: Wait a minute. Who elected you leader of this outfit?

Everett: Well Pete, I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain't the consensus view, then let's put it to a vote.

Pete: Suits me. I'm voting for yours truly.

Everett: Well I'm voting for yours truly too.

[Everett and Pete look at Delmar for the deciding vote]

Delmar: Okay... I'm with you fellas.

Pete: You miserable little snake! You stole from my kin!

Everett: Who was fixin' to betray us.

Pete: You didn't know that at the time.

Everett: So I borrowed it until I did know.

Pete: That don't make no sense!

Everett: Pete, it's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.

Vendor: I can get the part from Bristol. It'll take two weeks, here's your pomade.

Everett: Two weeks? That don't do me no good.

Vendor: Nearest Ford auto man's Bristol.

Everett: Hold on, I don't want this pomade. I want Dapper Dan.

Vendor: I don't carry Dapper Dan, I carry Fop.

Everett: Well, I don't want Fop! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

Vendor: If you want Dapper Dan, I can order it for you, have it in a couple of weeks.

Everett: Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!

Couple of them:

Say your prayers, you son of a b****!

Rooster Cogburn in True Grit

Save Farris!

Let's shoot her!

Both from Farris Bueller's Day Off

Do you know what my son said?

No.

He said (whispers into phone)..

No, not THAT!

You know where he heard it?

Probably from his father!!

NO! From your son!

WHAT?! WHAT?!

(sound of smacking in the background, and a kids voice 'what'd I do ma, what'd I do?!)

A Christmas Story (too many lines to list, but our family has uses many of them in various situations)

Eugene Morris Jerome: Why is it that we come from the same place but I can't understand you?

Arnold Epstein: You're a witness. You're always standing around watching what's happening, scribbling in your book what other people do. You have to get in the middle of it. You have to take sides. Make a contribution to the fight.

Eugene Morris Jerome: What fight?

Arnold Epstein: Any fight. One you believe in. Until you do you'll never be a writer Eugene.

Biloxi Blues - The finest movie ever made IMO.