How Progressives and Conservatives view each other.

FunkyTown

So I have come to a conclusion based up on how people on the 'net describe the others and themselves.

According to Republicans, their theme song is this:

YouTube - G.I. Joe theme

And the Democrats theme song is this:

According to the Democrats, their theme song is this:

YouTube - Eric Clapton - Change the World (LIVE)

And the Republican theme song is this:

I once heard a very good, reasonably neutral way to describe each that I'll share now with you:

Liberals generally believe that people, when left to their own devices, will act selfishly and in their own self-interest, and must therefore be governed more closely to ensure equality and fairness.

Conservatives generally believe that people, when left to their own devices, will act generously and in the interest of their community, and therefore do not need to be governed closely, as government stifles creativity and liberty.

As a Libertarian I tend to agree more with the Conservatives, although I do acknowledge that some government is necessary precisely because while I do believe people generally do the right thing when given the chance, there are enough exceptions that we need to have a structured way to cope with them.