Need some encouragement

nikkiG

This is going to be another one of those stories...

I am a convert to the church, not that it really matters I guess, I am endowed, served a mission have a bf that is sorta active, but has not been through the temple... we've been dating for a while and I have already gone to my bish once concerning the law of chastity issues and got those almost resolved. And now I have to go back, because what he warned me has happened... we did it... ARGH!!! I am so mad at myself and feel horrible, I am not even off the probation from my last "offense"... I know I need to go in and talk to him... I think about what we've done all the time and I have a hard time sleeping at night over it, so I know I need to do it even if just for my sanity... I know none of you know what my bish will say, but I am embarrassed and terrified... I know that I've broken some serious covenants and I am worried that I will get exed or disfellowshiped which will be REALLY bad, my family will disown me...

And I've toyed with the idea of not going in and doing it later but... I can't take the sacrament and I don't think I could live with myself... argh!!!

I am so scared...

Nikki-

Church discipline is for our own good. You'll regret your decision for eternity if you don't go in and admit your mistake to your authorized Priesthood authority. In the meantime, you can show the Lord you're serious about repenting by breaking up with your boyfriend. I know it's hard, but it's the safest way to avoid repeating the mistake.

I've gone through this sort of thing before- trust me, all will be well if you keep on the path predesignated by Priesthood authority. Good luck! Keep us informed. God bless.

I promise it will only get harder the longer you wait. Every day will get harder. Don't worry about what will happen on the disciplinary side of things, it will be ok. Just go in there, you can do it:)

Nikki-

Church discipline is for our own good. You'll regret your decision for eternity if you don't go in and admit your mistake to your authorized Priesthood authority. In the meantime, you can show the Lord you're serious about repenting by breaking up with your boyfriend. I know it's hard, but it's the safest way to avoid repeating the mistake.

I've gone through this sort of thing before- trust me, all will be well if you keep on the path predesignated by Priesthood authority. Good luck! Keep us informed. God bless.

She could also marry him, you know :P

thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it. :)

As far as marriage goes, I don't think marrying someone just because we both got into a heap of trouble together, is a good idea. I love the man, but neither of us at this point are ready for marriage. I broke up with him, I need to get this figured out before I can be in any kind of relationship. This might sound cheesy but I don't feel like I am good enough for anyone, I need to be OK with myself and the Lord before I can let anyone else in my life. And it kills me because I do love him and he says that he loves me, but I just can't have this hanging over my head and I know that if we stay together is will be very hard to repent... Argh!!! Why does this have to be so hard?

thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it. :)

As far as marriage goes, I don't think marrying someone just because we both got into a heap of trouble together, is a good idea. I love the man, but neither of us at this point are ready for marriage. I broke up with him, I need to get this figured out before I can be in any kind of relationship. This might sound cheesy but I don't feel like I am good enough for anyone, I need to be OK with myself and the Lord before I can let anyone else in my life. And it kills me because I do love him and he says that he loves me, but I just can't have this hanging over my head and I know that if we stay together is will be very hard to repent... Argh!!! Why does this have to be so hard?

I see a lot of wisdom in you, especially the bolded part. It can be really REALLY difficult to give up what we want NOW (a relationship with someone we love) for what we want MOST (to be right with the Lord, and with ourselves, and to be able to hold our heads up high).

You're going to survive this. And you'll be amazed at how much you'll grow as you go through the humbling process of repentence and truely changing your heart. As the old chiche goes: The Lord didn't say it would be easy, only that it would be worth it.

Take what comfort you can from knowing you made the right decision, and that you've set yourself on the right path. The Lord will help carry you through to the end. You may not see any positive results right away, but when you come out the otherside, they'll be there.

you did the right thing in dumping him it would be very hard to get over this if he was still around.....I agree marriage is not a solution only recipe for disaster if you are not ready for it.....

go talk to your bishop it will all work out in the end remember that what you say to him is and should be private...your family need not know.....