Balloon Boy Scare Was All A Hoax!!!

Carl62

I hope they end up throwing this guy and his wife right in the slammer! This guy is the lowest form of scum there is. Having his kids go on one morning talk show after another after another the very next day after this all happens and pushing his kids to the point where the youngest one (the one being interviewed) is throwing up right on T.V. and the father doesn't even bat an eye over it!? These parents are trash!

Playing devil's advocate here: but we still don't know if this was a "hoax". Unless the Sheriff has made new statements that I haven't seen, we don't know what the charges are FOR, and considering they allowed law officials to search their whole house, there could be any number of things that could bring out chargers that could be unrelated to the balloon incident, or maybe related, but not related in such a way as to make the whole thing a hoax, like charges of child-endangerment for having a balloon that a kid *could* float away in tied up in their backyard (and they may have genuinely believed he had floated away).

Also, in another article I read (sorry I can't remember where, or I'd link to it) they said the call to the TV station was actually a fairly logical thing, because they have traffic helicoptors. If anything, I'd be telling them *DON'T FLY NEAR MY KID!*

Probably the most astute thing I saw, though, was a comment about how the press ignored real news all day in hopes that they might catch a six-year-old plummeting to his death on-camera.

No kidding.

It's one of the reasons why I'm glad we don't get TV reception any more. I get all my news online, so it's easier for me to chose what I click on to read/view and what I don't.

On MSNBC it's being reported that the sheriff is calling the balloon saga a hoax. He said charges against the parents include conspiracy, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and false reporting to authorities. He also said the sheriff's department planned to meet with federal authorities to consider additional charges.

I saw film clips of the father throwing a cup of fluid on a woman in his house for wife swap. I saw a lot of bleeping out for swears and bad behavior from both the children and the dad. Maybe this is a good thing that can help change the focus of these children's lives so they will grow up to become better men. Let's pray so.

Where do you live? As I live on a fairly small island (at least in comparison to the USA), I'm not used to the concept of not being able to get TV reception regardless of where I am.

I live in Washington state. We don't get any reception because we don't have a digital converter box for our TV. Out TV can only pick up analoge signals, which are no longer available here, and we don't have cable.

Between hulu.com and Netflix we don't really miss it. ^_^

I saw film clips of the father throwing a cup of fluid on a woman in his house for wife swap. I saw a lot of bleeping out for swears and bad behavior from both the children and the dad. Maybe this is a good thing that can help change the focus of these children's lives so they will grow up to become better men. Let's pray so.

The kids have a youtube rap video and there's bleeps on that all over the place. These kids need to be taken away from these parents. All the parents (mostly the dad) care about is whatever ounce of attention they can get, any way that they can get it even if it means using there kids as pawns.

• 4 weeks later...