The Everlasting Stigma!!

Jamie123

Last week I committed the atrocious crime of posting a link to a page on an anti-Mormon site. Not maliciously I assure you - it was just to prove that I wasn't making something up. That's no excuse of course, and I have been put on the "naughty people" list by Pam :bawl:

Trouble is, it won't stop telling me that I have "one unread private message" - despite the fact that I've read it a dozen times over. Is it just a bug in the system, or does anyone know how to make the stain of this abominable sin go away?

As many are aware, there have been many that have received "spam love messages." Having deleted the user, it unfortunately doesn't delete the fact that you have one unread message if you were one of the recipients. My guess is you were one of the lucky recipients.

As many are aware, there have been many that have received "spam love messages." Having deleted the user, it unfortunately doesn't delete the fact that you have one unread message if you were one of the recipients. My guess is you were one of the lucky recipients.

"Spam love messages". Doubt it. NOBODY loves me.....:raincloud:

Nobody likes me

Everybody hates me

Just because I eat worms

Short fat hairy ones

Long tall skinny ones

See how the little ones squirm

Bite all their heads off

Suck all the juice out

Throw the empty skins away

Nobody Likes me

Everybody hates me

Cos I eat worms all day

Nobody likes us

Everybody hates us

Just because we eat worms

Short fat hairy ones

Long tall skinny ones

See how the little ones squirm

Bite all their heads off

Suck all the juice out

Throw the empty skins away

Nobody Likes us

Everybody hates us

Cos we eat worms all day

I have 2 permanent unread messages and as far as I know I've never read afoul of the Mods. Its like Pam says. Or at least that's what we all want you to think, eventually due to your disfavor you will end up with an infinite amount of unread messages that you can't access until your penance is complete.

Last week I committed the atrocious crime of posting a link to a page on an anti-Mormon site. Not maliciously I assure you - it was just to prove that I wasn't making something up. That's no excuse of course, and I have been put on the "naughty people" list by Pam :bawl:

Trouble is, it won't stop telling me that I have "one unread private message" - despite the fact that I've read it a dozen times over. Is it just a bug in the system, or does anyone know how to make the stain of this abominable sin go away?

argh yes...I done the same when I first came to this forum. Though, the moderator was over zealous but a learning curve we go through when we do not read the posted rules.^_^

Was not aware of the rule about not posting to "anti" sites... I suppose it makes sense, but is there a definition of what is considered to be "anti". There are many sites out there and some that are 100% anti, but many that would be somewhere in the middle. I don't see things in terms of white/black anymore so there are lots of gray and off-white web-sites. How do you distinguish the difference?

Huh? You agreed to the rules when you registered for the site. Does that mean you didn't read them? It's the first rule in the terms and conditions of membership on this site. I also know of two instances when a moderator quoted the rule to you privately.

The last line of the terms and conditions state this. I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.

You had to have agreed to be a member of the site.

Edited by pam

Was not aware of the rule about not posting to "anti" sites... I suppose it makes sense, but is there a definition of what is considered to be "anti". There are many sites out there and some that are 100% anti, but many that would be somewhere in the middle. I don't see things in terms of white/black anymore so there are lots of gray and off-white web-sites. How do you distinguish the difference?

Anti is anti...if the site is posting derogatory remarks about the Church we would consider it to be anti.

Here is how the rule is worded since I know you didn't read it:

1. Do not post, upload, or otherwise submit anything to the site that is derogatory towards The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, its teachers, or its leaders. Anti-LDS Propaganda will not be tolerated anywhere.